Inchie and Journal Page

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Nice of you to visit. Today has just flown by and I don't seem to have done much at all apart from making a few inchies and painting a  page to add to one of my journals.

At Every Inchie Monday it is time to show your weapon. Well I'm not much on weapons but these were to hand.


The ends look a bit blunt so I don't think I would do much harm with them. The dripping blood in the background makes then look more deadly I think.

At Art Journal Journey this month we are asked to be Inspired by the Masters. I love most painting styles I must admit and the more I try to paint, the more I admire the artists that create such wonders.

I chose Jose Manuel Merello today as he brightens up a dull day with his bright colours and interesting shapes.


He is a modern painter and on Facebook --I am not but I do look at his paintings on Pininterest.
You can find lots of his work here if you want to see what the real Merello paintings are like. This is only my version. I really enjoyed painting this as the style gives you a real sense of freedom and fun.

Hope your day is going well. I had better go and do something useful I think. It is getting dark already here so almost night I reckon.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. That's a clever little inchie ...lol!
    I didn't know Manuel Merello yet - will check his work out instantly! Thank you for introducing me to him..and thank you for another fantastic inspired contribution to this month's theme over at
    Art Journal Journey Chrissie!
    As it seems this theme is addictive- isn't it?!
    Valerie had a great idea to call out this topic!

    Happy evening!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great, expressive painting!

    Like Susi, I did'nt know this fantastic painter yet, but I like his style very much. So inspiring!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inchie and the lovely art journal page, too. I will have to look this artist up! Thanks for another lovely contribution to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I'd like to apologize for being MIA for more than a week, but we were in Germany (partly work, partly fun) and now in the midst of rebuilding the upper floors. Hence my absence. But I will try to visit you whenever I can Chrissie! Even though I won't be able to every time you put up a new post. But when I do, I am able to enjoy your lovely work again and you most certainly have made such wonderful creations! Always a pleasure to see them! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pieces, Chrissie. I think the scissors do look deadly; look at all that blood! And, I do love your interpretation of Merello too with its wonderful color pallet and sections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art pieces, Chrissie. The weapon is cool and painting fun and awesome.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic inchie!! Another great journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant little scissors & I like the journal page too

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. they do say don't run with scissors, don't they. where did you find such a tiny pair? brilliant. your artwork is lovely, such an interesting challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blunt scissors can do more damage than sharp ones, your inchie looks fantastic. Awesome journal page, love the bright happy colours.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, honestly your scissors inchie would make a good book cover for a mystery.

    You did quite well with your painting. I learned to paint by copying some of Rembrandt's work.

    Ta-Ta...have a lovely day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Real winners , your inchie is wow and most gorgeous creation and colours..sorry if I miss any of your creations, my hours with my dad are getting longer, today I am trying to have a rest before I go up later this afternoon..
    aNNie xx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore those little scissors and the blood does make them look badder than they are. Great job with the artwork as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely colourful journal page and a brilliant inchie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh... definitely a Tamburlaine-style inchie - I love it!

    And the Merello page is simply wonderful - beautiful shapes and colours, and a real feeling of sunshine happiness. Lovely.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic creations as always Chrissie ! Love the inchie, so cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrissie, you did well with the scissors. It reminds me of Psycho. I look forward to seeing more of your modern master. I've not heard of him before.
    Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design