Art Journal Journey and Christmas Cards

Hi All from a sunny NE UK. It is lovely to see the sun again after all the heavy rain yesterday and it is forecast to be nice all day today. Thank you for calling in and hope you enjoy my efforts for today.

At Art Journey Journey we are being asked this month to be inspired by the masters.

This may be a bit of a shock so get ready-----


I have long been an admiring of Beryl Cook and I was lucky enough to see an exhibition of her work when we took shelter, from the rain, in the art gallery in Blackpool many years ago. How wonderful the paintings were all bright colours, so much fun and some very large--not just the ladies the whole painting.

I also adore the hats that Pierre-Auguste Renoir has in a lot of his paintings-well I do admire his paintings in their entirety but the hats stand out for me.

Here is my Cook Renoir fusion. ' Lady at Street Market'

I first printed out a Renoir type background that I found on Google--it was a free to use background to download. If you add the words Renoir background there are several.

Next I drew my Cook lady by looking at one of the pictures in my Beryl Cook Book which I have had for many years but still enjoy. The hats I extracted from Renoir prints but coloured them with Promarkers and drew hat stands for them. I dressed my Cook lady in my own designs and did her face and hair in an appropriate style. I also used a white pen to pick out various bits of the picture.

Now for Christmas Cards to add to Marina's Challenge-thanks Marina for encouraging me to make some cards a bit earlier than I would normally make them.


Both made in a similar way. The cards were patterned in a Cuttlebug folder. I made the background paper for the topper . The first card has a bought embellishment in the centre and the second card has a Gecko Galz image. Both have Gold wrapping tape to add a bit of sparkle.

Hope you have a great day

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. I love your Beryl Cook Renoir painting, just gorgeous! I love BC, she paints such fantastic pictures, and you have done her and Monsieur Renoir justice. Love the addition of the hats! The Christmas card is lovely, too! Thanks for this wonderful contribution to Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chrissie, your Beryl Cook inspired piece is absolutely fantastic, I hope you were very pleased with it, I love it.

    Fab couple of Christmas cards too, love the patterned papers.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning fabulous wow, beautiful images and delightful colours.
    aNNie xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Beryl Cook - will check her out immediatley and I love your painting a lot..wow... YOu should definitely do more drawing and painting dear Chrissie .. you are an artist for sure! I specailly love her dress -it's very british - yeah!

    Have a great rest of your sunny sunday.. we did have just fog and rain this whole day long..boring!
    Thank you for another fantastic entry for AJJ Chrissie and thank you for introducing a new artist to me!

    Your Christmas cards are lovely.. I like his beard so much on the first one..

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Chrissie, your painting is fabulous. Love the buxom lade admiring her hats. Super Christmas cards as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,I love your painting,is really beautiful!!!And very nice the crads!Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Chrissie that painting is soooo clever! The lady looks fabulous, you can just see how much she loves those hats! Pure brilliance and good fun too!

    Your Christmas cards look lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous Cook/Renoir masterpiece Chrissy. Love the hat theme.
    Great Christmas cards too.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe of your Beryl Cook/ Renoir homage - you have real art skills as well as a fabulously creative imagination.

    I love your Christmas cards - great layering of embossing, patterned papers and images - and your gold tape adds the perfect touch of glitz.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! So joyful creation folowing two mastes' footsteps. Love the lady and adore the hats:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie this painting is amazing, I love it!! - your Christmas cards are darned cute too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing mixture of two very different artists. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design