Inchie and Card

Hello Everyone. Thank you for calling in today and I hope you like what I have made.

At Every Inchie Monday the theme is Umbra which was another word I didn't know so I am hoping I got the meaning right as I think it means a shadow.


I chose a sundial as my image as without shadow it wouldn't work at all. This image does have the words Umbra Sumus on it so I can't go wrong or can I ?

My next challenge piece is for the Craft Room where we are invited to make our own background 


I am trying to make a Christmas card here and there so am combining making them with challenges if possible. The card base was edged with the red distress ink.


I dabbed the two distressed inks onto a piece of glass then laid the paper on top of them and used the brayer to even the inks out a bit. There was still some ink left on the glass so I laid the rest of the paper on that and brayed again to make a lighter coloured piece of paper. I try to make a few children's cards for the children who live on our little cul-de-sac.


I bought two of these packs of embellishments to add to Christmas Cards.

Adding this to Marina's Christmas Card Challenge as well-I have only 5 so far but I am trying Marina :)

Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x



Comments

  1. Wonderful creation again Chrissie, your inchies amaze me.xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful inchie and love the colourful card in traditional red, green and white - you will make some kids very happy with them! Glad you are learning Latin for your inchies! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inchie is beautiful Chrissie and your card is so cute ! Love the background and the little snowman ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous Christmas card, I love your background, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sundial you've shared! I saw quite a few this summer whilst in France but didn't feel I could interpret them well enough.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. gORGEOUS LITTLE INCHIE Chrissie and the card is just fab in those colors.... lovely!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your backgrounds turned out amazing Chrissie! I love the traditional red and green, it's so festive! Great inchie too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing inchie Chrissie and your Christmas card is beautiful with the fabulous background. Have a great week, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sundial is amazing. I think your cards will certainly put smiles on some lucky faces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You most certainly got that right, Chrissie, the shadow theme! Your sundial is perfect for this challenge, spot on and your snowman card is simply adorable! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sundial, I would think it's appropriate for "umbra". Interesting to see how you made the card's background. Your roller looks like a serious piece of kit from a printers'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great makes Chrissie, I am learning lots of new words here on your inchies.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your sundial Chrissie - a very classic use of the word umbra (I too learn a lot from EIM)

    Your Christmas card is adorable - I'm sure the neighbourhood children will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful makes, Chrissie! Love the background of your card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the inchie, what a cool take on the theme! I also love the card, how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute , lovely simple background!
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your inchie. That is also a lovely and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous background you've created on this super Christmas card, Chrissie. And the image is so cute. I love the Inchie, too, I really like this format.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely inky background , Chrissie, great Christmas colours and I love the sundial inchie too.
    Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your inchie, Chrissie, very nostalgic. Myself, I'm not ready for Christmas yet, but I honor your working so diligently so early. It'll be here before we know it. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea for your inchie, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never heard of your inchie word either, so well done on that one.

    Great to pop a Christmas card in here and there too xx

    As you've probably gathered, I'm playing catch up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank You for sharing your gorgeous card with us at CRC this fortnight
    HUgs Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design