Moo Mania and More

Hello Everyone from a pleasant, sunny day in NE UK. Thank you for your visit to Jumbled Crafts-always great to have people call in.

This time at Moo Mania and More they ask us to Recycle Something. There is nothing I enjoy more than recycling things so I couldn't wait to do this challenge.


I can hear my regular visitors saying that I have made one of these before and they are right-it is here if you want to see it. I just know I will be making more of them as well as they fit so neatly onto my shelf above my crafting space.




A different type of box this time but the same bottles as before


I cut the bottles to the size I wanted them to be then cut the box sides down the same depth to hold the bottles-tuck in the extra card to strengthen the sides.

 I roughly painted the box but let some of the pattern show through to give it character-or was it that I didn't want to have to add another coat of paint ? Then I added some lace to the top and stuck the bottles inside. Later I coloured part of the lace with a Promarker but it doesn't show up too well on the photograph.

The flowers were die cut from the rest of the plastic bottle and some corrugated card from another box. Then I sprayed them with various sprays and dabbed them so that some of the writing on the plastic showed through.

My 'Moo' says what I am hoping will be right when I get lots more of these bottle boxes made.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. looks fabulous its great to recycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you use your moos, would never of think of using them as labels xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is fabulous, Chrissie.

    Thank you for taking part over at MOO-MANIA & MORE.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab recycling Crissie.. an inspiring project...looks great!
    Thanks for joining Moo Mania & More Chrissie!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever project, fab idea to keep all your crafty bits safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful alteration, those boxes with the bottle insets are a great idea, and always useful. Had a busy day here, had to go to the doc's twice, ad then a third time into 'town' to collect the tablets which I had forgotten the first time! Now I am back and panning to put my big feet up! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic re cycling Chrissie, its a great idea to use the plastic bottlers.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive and you made a MOO, too. Love this box, and how well you recycled everything. I may have to make a few of these, myself! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea Chrissie ! I really love your project ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to organize, Chrissie.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea! I am always rearranging my "stuff" and this will be a welcome project!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. When a design works this well, you want as many as possible! Fabulous upcycling - useful and beautiful - William Morris would approve!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great project Chrissie. You can never have too much storage I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design