Card and Tag are one

Hi All. Not as hot here today so we are going off for the day soon to visit a little coastal town further down the coast. It does involve a few bus rides but always nice to go somewhere different I think. Thank you for calling in today


At Craft Room Challenge this time the theme is Summer Flowers and at Our Creative Corner it is Summertime. I combined the two to make a card for my daughter's birthday It was a very hot summer when she was born and difficult to keep cool with all the extra weight-worth it in the end though :)


I made this card using the Chocolate Baroque tag holder as the centre piece. The flowers are felt and were made from some bits of felt my daughter was throwing away and I asked if I could rescue them. I used the smaller pieces from the Tattered Flowers Die by Tim Holtz and the beautiful brads were sent to me by Valerie--thank you Valerie.



As she is a Leo, cats have always been a big part of her life and I usually make a card with lots of cats on it but I wanted to show that her 'rubbish' was being used. I had to add cats somewhere so made a cat tag and also used cat paper on the inside of the card--sorry forgot to take a picture of that.

Hope you enjoy whatever you are doing today

Love





Comments

  1. Your card is gorgeous Chrissie ! Love the felt flowers and the tag is so so sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardatag - or it it a tagacard? is fantastic, so light and summery and with a happy feeling to it. Glad you could use the little brads! Love the felt flowers, too. Enjoy your trip along the coast. I just got back from my bike ride and am leaving now for my walk! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Craft-Room Challenge, I love the felt flowers.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful Chrissie and your daughter will be amused that she now has the felt back! A wonderful idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love 'secret' hidden tags ;-) Your tag card is so pretty Chrissie, looks fab with the flowers and what a fun image, the animated sewing machine! Have a lovely evening, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real thoughtful card, I'm sure your daughter loved it. The tag is a great addition,super cats.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Chrissie, your cat tag is so full of colour and fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissy thanks for reminding me where my brother is staying, it's Shewsbury you are the best.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, always extra special when the card is created with a specific special person in mind. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab tags and love your felt flowers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pull out kitty tag and the felt cut flowers. So special! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design