Inchie and Journal Page

Hi All. Just been for a walk to our North Beach and it was lovely to sit out on the sea front drinking a mug of coffee. Lots of people here for the day enjoying themselves. Thanks for dropping by today.

At Every Inchie Monday this week the theme is negative


I didn't have any ideas at all so just went for the simple. Great ideas already from other Inchie makes so do pop along and visit their blogs and make one yourself if possible.

Now to Art Journal Journal where the theme this month is Flower Power

I decided to try another page of my black journal. For the background I just scribbled with oil pastels in various colours. The flowers are a visit to my childhood as I used to draw heart flowers on everything. Easier these days as I have a heart punch so can cut lots out to make flowers and leaves of various designs. The shapes were all white and so stamped over them in various colours after I stuck them to the page.

That's it for me today--off to watch some more of Tour de France. I really enjoyed yesterday as I knew almost every inch of the route as it passed through Yorkshire and ended up in Sheffield where I was born.

Hope your day is going well

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Love your inchie, and the flower power page is GORGEOUS! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes simple is best. I like your take on the inchie and I too, love that journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic flower page, love the heart shape blooms.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, agree with the power of simplicity in your inchie. Your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for your inchie, wish I'd thought of that one for my sewing one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea for the inchie! So laconic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations, clever on the inchies....xxx

    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both of your designs, great job on the inchie and the flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie my dear..what a lovely page and the inchie is fab too...
    I love how you make the flowers pop up from the dark intersting background.. a fab page!
    Chrissie please don't forget to link up the page .. I miss it still at AJJ !
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dramatic journal page Chrissie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh fab inchie, sometimes simple works out brilliantly as in this instance

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so loving the fishes on the top of your blog!! Too cute! And awesome job on your Inchie!! ;0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great inchie and your journal page is fabulous I love the technique you have used. Adore the blog header also. Loved seeing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, sweet heart flowers (or sweetheart flowers?), and the oils look great on the black paper. Love your take on the inchie too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic page Chrissie, I love the beautiful flowers. And great inchie too.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  16. working on black pages is a nice different challenge I think...

    your flowers turned out beautifully and really pop against the background!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful flower page and a lovely inchie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers on the black journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design