Wood at Artful Times

Hello to everyone who pops in today and thank you for your visit.

This time at Artful Times the theme is to make something using wood somewhere. I chose the theme before I left Artful Times and I hope lots of you will join in with Neet and Wendy and go to see what they have made for the challenge


This is what I have made as my entry for the challenge

It started out as a humble, used, wooden coaster. I bought a box of them for £1 and have already plans for most of them when time allows.

The first thing I did was give it a generous coat of orange emulsion

While that was still wet I sprayed weak solutions of some of the spray inks I have then dried it with a hot drier which makes it all bubble slightly to give some texture and different colours.

The fun bit now. I stamped my CI-264 stamp onto the coaster. Always love Crafty Individuals stamps and this one is so beautiful. Then I played around adding bits of this and that. Texture down the side with a Tim Holtz  stencil and Grunge paste, fruit bag net, webbing, string and flowers. Then I dab bits here and there with a Bingo dabber. Must say I added another bingo dabber in parts and that was green but I had already taken this picture by then. Not sure why I added the gold peel-off as I don't think it says much really.

The last thing I did was give the whole thing a coat of yacht varnish which is a pale brown and very sticky but dries to a lovely shine and makes things stand out really well.

That's it for today I reckon as I am about to demolish all my crafty space to find out where the sockets are in this room. I am sure you, my fellow crafters, will know how scary that job is going to be.

Have a lovely day

Chrissie xxx



Comments

  1. Yes, scary. Actually I have a very big set of wooden shelves crammed full of craft stuff. Several items have gone missing, including an Xcut set of London dies,and I suspect they've slipped down the back. But to unpack the shelves enough to move them is so intimidating, I've just given up on them! Hope you find your sockets!

    Love your altered coaster. So much beautiful texture and detail - what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your socket hunt! I love your altered coaster! So much detail and texture - it's fabulous and the CI stamp is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great project Chrissie, love how you got to the colour you did from the bright base colour - gorgeous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece, what a difference you have made to that little coaster - great! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project Chrissie, look forward to seeing what you make with the rest of the coasters.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your altered coaster is brilliant Chrissie... and I hope you have already found the socket! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you altered your coaster Chrissie, the pretty lady makes a fine centrepiece! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great make Chrissie - loving the way you've added texture and colour.

    Hope you found your sockets ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a transformation! I do like the eventual colour you ended up with and that stamp you used is fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly that's beautiful! I've never met a wooden coaster, but you can bet I'm going looking now - what fabulous texture it gives to this gorgeous make. Love the image, and that measuring tape texture. Yacht varnish, is it now? Whatever next?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bit of re-cycling Chrissie, love the texture and overall effect. Thank you for sharing it with us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation, the net fruit bag is ingenious!!. Smashing creation for a humble coaster.
    Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to be on the look out for old wooden coasters after having seen your lovely project. Great work. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. A box for £1 what a find! I can't believe I missed this post. I was daunted at first by the wood challenge but so glad I did it because pushing myself always help me getting better (hopefully).
    Yours is a lovely project, I too like that stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design