Three Challenges

Hello Everyone. Beautiful day here but I will be resting instead of walking as we went on the train yesterday to see family we haven't seen for years and it was a really good day out but tiring. I hope you all had a great day and thank you for calling in.

I have put three challenges on this post as they are blogs where I always enter the challenges but please don't think you have to comment on all of them though I know a lot of you that pop into Jumbled Crafts also enter these challenges as well.

First is my entry for the The Craft Barn where the quote/lyric words this time ART and ROAD. I couldn't find a quote with both of the words this time so I chose ART.

I do love Degas's painting of dancers-a lot of ballet but these are Russian dancers in a field of corn My quote is by Degas--well maybe it is? 

The page is from an old book and it is sprayed with various colours then embossed with a Tim Holtz stencil. I added words that I thought this painting made me think about.

Tag Along this week has the theme gypsy

This is another branch of art I really love with the bright colours. I also love tattoo art and I copied this face from a tattoo design though the original looks a lot prettier than mine. I made the background from a picture of a gypsy and a caravan. The flower was one of three on a hairband I bought at Poundland.

Now for Wicked Wednesday where they ask for ATCs each week and nice if they have a wicked twist somewhere. This week the theme is leprechaun
This one I found seems happy to have bagged the pot of gold I did some work in PSP to add a bit more character and the tape in the corners. Next I printed it onto gloss photo paper and made sure there was lots of black ink on the print. Then I added texture to the black with a debit card and finger prints. The gold peel-offs covered up some of the bad smudges :(

Have a lovely day all

Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. All so beautiful!colors ,texture, I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous projects, love the page and the beautiful gipsy girl.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you've been busy, love all 3 projects but my fave is your St Paddys day make, he looks great and he's green which is always a bonus!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects, love your tag & ATC especially! Thanks so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creations as always Chrissie ! I love your page : the background looks stunning ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 3 projects are so different in styles, I too like to change what I do and try lots of styles. Love your quote page, very Arty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came from Craft Barn, but truly enjoyed all of these. I really like your background and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the degas quote and your gipsy woman is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all lovely but the first one is my favorite, so beautiful! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three fab projects - the gypsy one is so bright and bold, and fun - but it's the Degas that has captured my heart. Outstanding background plus one of my favourite artists - just beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from The Craft Barn--but all your pieces are great! Love the purple background in the journal page & the slightly wicked grin of the leprechaun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three fantastic projects.I love your background page and Degas quote. The tag is very very beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all 3 of these! Love Degas work and I think your gypsy is adorable! You rocked it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy Chrissie. Three wonderful projects and my favourite would have to be the gypsy - love the colours and style.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects - I love the texture on the Craft Barn piece but that leprechaun is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects Chrissie, I love the leprechaun.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing projects Chrissie! I so love your beautiful gypsie and leprachaun, fabulous!! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your gyspy tag is gorgeous, Chrissie. I can definitely see the tattoo origins - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three great pieces Chrissie, especially like the Degas page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous AJ page Chrissie, also fabulous tags.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  21. visiting from the CraftBarn, love your page, love the background, great embossing.
    But also love your gypsie woman tag, I didn't see the original but like what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kiwi in Timbertown.
    Beautiful pieces of art work. love the colours in the tag with the gypsy theme

    ReplyDelete
  23. Running late with all my commenting this month but here I am. Fabulous background on your Art page, great tag and the leprechaun card made me smile.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design