Journal Page

Hello Everyone who drops in -hope the New Year is going well for you so far. We seem to have missed the bad weather so far in NE of the UK and today has been sunny and bright though a bit slippy if you go out walking. That's what we did this morning.

At Art Journal Journey this time the theme is Silence. I thought of the most silence place I could I could recal and used that time to make my page.


The picture is one I painted in 1991 after we had been for a walk in the snow taking photographs along the way. Vic went off to higher ground and I just stayed here and the silence was beautiful-it felt like being at the altar rail of a church which is why I have added some crosses. I did a painting from the photograph and my daughter still has it hung on a wall in her house


I took part of the photograph of the framed picture and and printed it out to add to my page-this I masked then painted the page with acrylic and added texture with grunge paste and a stencil then used Distress ink when the Grunge had dried. A few stamped images of trees and leaves and the wonderful quote that just seems to say what I wanted to say.

“Cold and silence. Nothing quieter than snow. The sky screams to deliver it, a hundred banshees flying on the edge of
the blizzard. But once the snow covers the ground, it hushes as still as my heart.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson, 

Hope you are having a good day and that you safe from the awful weather where ever you are

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. Fab page Chrissie, love all that texture

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal page, Chrissie, love the snowy image, and how you have arranged it all. Lovely verse, too! We have had a sunny day here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Chrissie... the original painting is lovely, really capturing that sense of serenity and peace, and I love the texture you've framed it with in the journal page - gorgeous colours. Great poem too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages and the original is a lovely painting too I can feel the calm.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic page, it does look so peaceful and tranquil.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and painting, well done ! Great for the theme as well, I want to participate I need to get my Journal back out :) Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely this is , Chrissie. It makes me think of those magical moments that are experienced in solitude perhaps, but stay with you forever.
    Once, when walking back from work in freshly fallen snow, Madame Butterfly came onto my MP3 -player. For some reason, the combination of the snow and the music was enchanting.
    Okay, I'm rambling, but your notes about the silence being like a church reminded me of this.
    Your painting is beautiful and your page is too. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect way to use your beautiful painting...
    Your quote is really lovely too...
    there is something so magical about the hush that snow brings!

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've captured a wonderful moment in time with your art work Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful creation from the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The original is just fab Chrissie and I really love what you have done with your print ... AMAZING!

    Thank you for sharing with us at AJJ!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful and inspiring Chrissie ! Love the quote... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need silence every now and then, with your wonderful page you have made a great tribute to just that Chrissie! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab page Chrissie loving the colour and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful pages,i love the soft texture and the way you used the theme silence,fantastic chrissie.

    greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely page, Chrissie!

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful page! I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chrissie this is beautiful, a gorgeous page and I love your original painting. It must have been a very powerful moment if you can still recall it so clearly all these years later xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design