Inchie and card

Hello to Everyone visiting Jumbled Crafts and I hope you are having a Happy Crafting Time so far this year.

This week hasn't been a good crafty week for me as I have been helping Vic to build a new plant house after the old one was flattened with the gales before Christmas. Also we have been doing a few jobs inside as well so there hasn't been much 'play time'. Strange how it seems to take time to get back into crafting again after a short break.

This week at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Amulet


I stamped on some card and cut out an inchie then stuck on something from my odds and ends box. It looked a bit bare so I scribble some black squiggles around it. Nothing very taxing I know but I need to get back in the saddle slowly :(

Then I saw that Marina at My Perfect Life was challenging herself, and anyone else who wants to join her, to make one Christmas Card each week for the rest of the year. As my Christmas stuff hasn't been put away yet I thought I would make a card.

I know it's only simple but it's a start :)

I have had the pad of background papers for years and hardly used any of them--not a clue who made them. The oval is cut from sparkly card and the other things I added have been recycled from an old Christmas Card. They were white but I coloured them with distressed ink and also distressed the edges of the card. One down lots to go-hope I can keep it up Marina--and improve as well .

Have agreat day everyone and thank you for dropping in

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Lovely inchie and great card - you are brave to start already on Christmas! Will answer your mail later! Hugs, Valerie
    PS watch for the postman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of easin gback into the saddle gently :-)
    I'm limited as to what I can do but it's fun to try with a VERY LIMITED amount of supplies....see you in blogland again soon!!!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the amulet is great, and the squiggles frame it beautifully. Good luck with the Christmas card plan - those snowflakes are exquisite!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I think of doing that, I bet I have stuff I could have used. Great inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inchie again... you are so good at creating them. Love the snowflakes on the Christmas design, great to get started ! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Chrissie ! I love the embellishment on your inchie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning inchie and the squiggles are a perfect background. Love the Christmas card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo fabulous amulet inchie Chris! Not sure yet what I shall do but I will do one :-D

    I don't think I have got over making C cards from last year yet so good for you getting in there early x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your amulet inchie looks smashing Chrissie, what a fine centrepiece that is! What a smart idea to get started on Christmas cards, too, this one's a great one! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a Christmas card in January, you're starting early, good for you!!

    Great centre piece on your inchie too

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inchie and lovely card
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super little inchie and Christmas card. Good for you starting early.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your amulet is amazing Chrissie, and well done you for starting your Christmas cards. I tried it one year and lasted 3 weeks lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Inchie is so cute and I am impressed with the great start for next year's Christmas cards. You will have a fine selection to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the inchie, is it a button? If it is it is great, and I dont see that the card is in any way simple, it looks awesome. great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brillian amulet. Love your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Chrissie , thank you for joining me on my Festive 48 mission! I love the sparkly panel and the fact you recycled on your card. I know what you mean about not having put your Christmas stuff away yet. I have a separate, less accessible, place for my Christimas stuff and I'm thinking maybe I will just mix it all up with my all-year stuff and that might make it easier to get my Christmas cards done.
    I love your inchie too.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie I completely understand about finding it hard to get back into a crafting routine after a break, I'm having the same problem. Still it is supposed to be fun so we shouldn't put too much pressure on ourselves.
    Love the idea of 1 Christmas Card a month.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous inchie and a lovely card. I can't get my head round Christmas yet, all my stuff has been put away.
    Xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chrissie, everything is so pretty. A very pretty tag, and I love butterflies, too, though they won't stay still long enough for me to snap a shot...your husband takes great photos.

    The amulet inchie is very nice, and such a delightful Christmas card! Love the colors and design. That's a cool idea - to make a Christmas card every day.

    blessings and hugs,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great inchie and what a C card already ! don't loss it will you ;)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work Chrissie!!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design