A combined challenge card

Hello All. Always lovely to see you here at Jumbled Crafts and thank you for all the wonderful comments that are left on my posts-so encouraging.

I managed to tidy my crafting space as it had become so small anything over 4 inchies square was impossible tto make. I do like making inchies, twinchies and ATCs cards but sometimes it is nice to make something a bit bigger.


I made this yesterday after we had been chatting to some friends and the subject of 'what we would have liked to have done if we were younger' came up. We are all over 70 so some of the things were out of the question but one of them said he would have liked to go Husky Racing. As his birthday is coming up soon I made him this birthday card. I can't imagine that Husky Racing has an age limit :)

I found a suitable picture and added the Happy Birthday in Paint Shop Pro and also a fancy edge to the photo. Then I used a Tim Holtz/ Sizzix folder with clocks to give the white card some texture. Next came some white frosting on the snow and the quote. Some silver lines drawn with a pen and peel-off corners.

I made this for a few challenges

Make My Monday have the theme Frosty

Use your Stuff has Sport-I used the folder which I bought ages ago and haven't used and also the peel-offs which I am on a mission to use up before I die-I will need to live to be 100 to fulfill this mission.

I am not a big fan of combining challenges as I do usually like to make something different for each one but sometimes time flies by and make something that fits all of them.

Have a beautiful day everyone

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Lovely card, and a very unusual theme. I am sure husky racing has no age limit, at least not unless you have to pull the sledge! Just came back from a lovely walk with lots of sunshine, and waiting for my cauliflower-cheese bake to come out of the oven! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Chrissie ! The image is beautiful and I love the "snow" and the embossing ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the glittered snow !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the theme of your card. Its a fantastic picture as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, Chrissie, and I like the sentiment you added, the 'snow' gives it a wonderland effect, and the silver corners are a delight. It's a perfect winter card, and I'm sure the recipient will love it.

    I've made another Christmas hanger which I'll be posting soon. Then a little 'how to' surprise will be coming up in the near future.

    Love and hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I love the 'sport' you chose. Thank you for creating with us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card, Chrissie, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image, fits perfectly

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - and another lovely combining of digital and actual media. And I couldn't agree more with the sentiment!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design