Journal Page

Hi All. Not a very nice day here weather wise but I will be going to a brisk walk to clock up some steps. Hope it is a nice day where you are and you have a great time whatever you are doing.

The dark weather made it difficult to show this page as it was too big for either of our scanners and too big for my light box and reflected back if I used a flash--sometimes you can't win :(


For the face I did a digital painting in Paint Shop Pro-I am quite enjoying venturing down that route again after so many years not doing it.

I printed out my face image and added it to the page then masked it so that I could add other things around it. Basically I added lots of things from here and there, some inspired by Alison at Words and Pictures  where I always find something that inspires me to have a go. When I was happy with that I sprayed the whole thing with silver paint then used Distressed Stain and Distressed Inks to add some colour. Shame that a lot of the colour doesn't show up on the photograph because of the light quality today. 

I made the page for the She challenge at  Art Journal Journey then, just for Susi, I added two eye Moos as the challenge this time at Moo Mania is Eyes. Also at Artful Times this time the theme is Feeling Distressed- so use anything Distressed, I will add this to there as well just in case I don't have time to make something just for them.
I like to add it to Try it on Tuesday as well where the theme is textures and think there are many on this piece

Have a terrific day everyone and nice to have you drop in.

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. This is an inspiring piece! The face is gorgeous and the frame is awesome! Sorry I am making you sing Christmas songs! If you are crazy then so am I! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece, LOVE it! Enjoy your walk, I just came back from mine! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, its an awesome page. Loving all the textures, so pleased you joined us at TioT's this time'.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your digital face - and the layered eyes look amazing - they really capture the attention. And the fabulous dimensional framing looks brilliant! Thank you so much for the lovely shout out too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chrissie you are congenius... combining all that themes to such a delicate, inspiring simply gorgeous piece!

    WOW!

    and a big THANK YOU for supporting our challenges with this fantastic work of art!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW,AMAZING pages,love your collage lady with the beautiful silver backround,love it to much .

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be very pleased with yourself for creating such an amazing page Chrissie well done :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great digital work I am just getting into some digital work but Photo Shop has eluded mm abilities. I use a rather simple program called Corel Paint Essentials. It is fun but often frustrating. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant, love those eyes!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page Chrissie. Especially love the treatment with the eyes.
    Here's looking at you.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all that gorgeous texture framing your she-art :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant Chrissie, love the eyes
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all that texture Chrissie!! Thank you for sharing at Try It on Tuesday!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie this is just brilliant love it. Hugs Honey Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous artwork Chrissie, I love all the texture!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. very thought provoking, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally awesome Chrissie ! You are such a talented Lady ! I love your creations ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous journalling Chrissie. Love all that texture. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. its beautiful and the texture is great on this piece!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the texture and am impressed with your digital painting! Thanks for playing along with us over at TIOT Texture challenge! I have a mixed media give away on my blog, if you are interested :) http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2013/10/frosted-designs-mixed-media-kitand.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous page, love the metal look.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Wow Chrissie, you certainly have pulled out the stops with this one. Whilst I like the image it is the frame that catches my eye. Love it. Utterly fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design