Feeling Distressed Artful Times

Hi All nice to have you drop into Jumbled Crafts. Had a day off yesterday and went on the train to Scarborough for a change. The weather was quite nice and we strolled along the seafront and had bacon butties in a lovely coffee shop. Then a box of chocolates for on the train on the way back--still lots of those left. I think we may have discovered the best way to get through the winter when it comes :)

At Artful Times the theme is to make something using Distressed products or Distressed technique. Well I have certainly done that with my piece.

So far it is just a picture waiting for a frame but I hadn't one that it fitted so will be looking for one.


This is the background and I used Distressed inks and Distressed Stains. Also I used some real leaves to stamp over and then turned the leaves over so that it showed the veins as well.

Next I arranged a few Autumn things on it--all from our garden or next doors. I took a photograph then transferred it to Paint Shop Pro. My camera is an old Olympus Digital and I still love it so won't use the new one we have.


This is the photograph after I cropped it ready to print out. When it was printed out I  made another Distressed background and stuck it onto that then did more distressing, with Tim Holtz, Rusty Hinge, on the frame and just touching the edges of the photograph.

Almost the same effect as using your scanner for scanograms but not quite as sharp.

Have a lovely day everyone

Chrissie xx





Comments

  1. just wonderful with this natural elements Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Chrissie ! I love the background and the display of berries... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great results with the stains Chrissie, a really lovely piece.

    Thanks for playing along with us again this week at AT - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the background and arrangement. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project Chrissie, I love it!! Hugs Ann-R x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Chrissie.
    Like the sound of your train ride :) and chocolates but what is a bacon buttie?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made this project. The leaf background looks fantastic.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Chrissie, and perfectly autumny!

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous autumn gatherings - and I love the sound of your day in Scarborough... only bettered by a fish and chip meal added into the programme - that's how to get through the winter, for sure!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you have used nature to make this delightful picture. The grasses and leaves contrast so well with the berries.
    Thanks for joining us again at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design