Material with a history

Hello Everybody. I do hope you are having a good day today. It is quite a bit cooler here and we had a walk into town and I bought this piece of material from a charity shop.

The colour is quite a lot richer than it looks on the photograph and it has a lovely grained feel to the cotton

When I opened it up there was another label attached to it as well as the charity shop label.

The material must have been in an end of roll sale 40 years ago when someone bought it and never used it. The label is attached to the material with a very neat little metal piece and fine string. 

Here is the new label attached with a plastic tag and brash and bold.

At £2 I couldn't resist buying it and have a used lined up for it but it will be months before I can show you what I have in mind.

Nice to have you pop by

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. the material has been waiting for you Chrissie! great found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely length of material Chrissie, what a good find, you lucky girl! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie much cooler here today also on the Essex coast thankfully.

    What a great bargain! but oh what a tease you are making us wait to see what you do with it.

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my digi-layouts.

    have a lovely weekend Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 years ! I would have been nearly 18 years old - I was a prolific sewer and clothes maker back in those days - always behind my sewing machine making something or other. Wonderful find - love the label too. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Gilly B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I love going to car-boot sales and charity shops ! You never know what you are going to find ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee that bought back memories - 1973 I remember where I was working and that I had just met my husband to be. Ha ha seems ages ago now.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you create Chrissie! Scrolled down and love your birdhouse!! Also commented on your Craft Barn page. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do love those unexpected surprises. Nice material, Chrissie.

    I'm into 1 1/2 weeks of the diet. I'll post about it farther in, perhaps another two to three weeks.


    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design