Masking and Tag

Good morning All. Here I am bleary eyed as we have had awful storms during the night and it was very humid as well as noisy. It is still rumbling in the background and today Prince Charles and Camilla are visiting Bridlington. They are even going to a local fish and chip shop for lunch. I think they would be better staying at home and going to see their new grandson--I know I would be doing that. Thank goodness I am not royalty and I can just do my own thing

Right down to business--

At Artful Times this time the theme is masking. Not something I do very often and now I know why lol. I found it very difficult and I think it was mostly because I chose the wrong main stamp and it took me ages just to cut out the shape to mask it.


Not sure this will ever be used for anything other than a test.

All the stamps are from Joanna Sheen-the main one is Hellebore. and the other in the background are from the Back to Nature set.

I did the stamping and masking then coloured in with Promarkers. Then cut out the whole thing to make another mask so that I could use it to create a background

For the background I used various shades of distressed ink and some bubble wrap.

I then stuck the stamped image onto the page. I could have just done a normal background but it was a masking challenge after all .

The next bit of the post is my tag this week for Tag Tuesday where the theme is fish



This is my tag and it was inspired by a Teeshirt that Vic got for his birthday. It is made by Weird Fish and they do have some great designs-wonder if they will send me a free one for advertising :)

It is creased cause I rescued it from the ironing pile--it's back in there now waiting with the other stuff.

Thanks for visiting Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie x




Comments

  1. I love your tag Chrissie ! The fish look awesome ! And the background behind the flowers looks fantastic ! I love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done very well with your masking, it is hard to do, and your card is lovely, as is the tag! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both the card and the tag are wonderful, and the masking with such an intricate stamp is amazing!

    Hope you have a more peaceful day, despite the royal visit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and indeed you picked an image that would be difficult to mask. Love the tag, beautiful colours ! Enjoy the warm weather and Royalty in town :) I guess they have already seen their new royal grandson! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing fishy about your creations Chrissie, lol! Such creativity! And I just LOVE LOVE that Bass out of Hell (superb idea, makes me sing those fab Meat Loaf songs over and over again now, lol!) Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your inspiration for your fish tag Chrissie :) I can see my no:1 son wearing it lol
    Well done on the masking too lots of fussy cutting by you :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they should send you a nice shirt for the nice write up, that is a fabulous shirt, lol. Love the tag too, great fish you have there too. Love the beautiful background in your stencil, along with the beautiful fussy cutting of the images too, very well done. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, Chrissie - but yes, always the simplest possible outline for masking is my rule!! Love your fishy tag too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading and looking at the photos of Your Royalty.Thank You for your kind comment on My fish tag,yours is just so darling.Great job :) Denise from Coffeeerry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie! Great work - I like both your projects (especially the fish)- now go and finish that ironing! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masking and I love your fabulous fish.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that fish - fabulous.
    Yes, solid lines are best for masking - would never attempt it with anything as intricate as you did. Good on you for showing what you can do with an image like this.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic makes Chrissie, love how you've masked your flowers off and the background is fab.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week - Sam AT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design