Maps at Artful Times

Hi All-hope your day is going well. It has turned warmer here today and even a flash of the sun now and again--I think summer is on the way at last.

I have added a link to Alison's blog as she has lovely blog candy but on the same post she has advice as to what you can do when the Blogger Reader is closed on July 1st. I have joined Bloglovin which she writes about in the post and it was quick and easy and has all my blog contacts and latest posts--thank you Alison for giving me permission to add the link and for the help it gave to me.

Now to my entry for the challenge at Artful Times where Neet has chosen the subject of Maps this time. Nice to see that Sam is back giving a helping hand at Artful and using her talent to encourage all of us.

If you think this card looks tatty well it is because the map is the back of a very old Ordnance Survey Map that I picked up a while ago. It is on canvas and this bit I used is the back of the map when it is all folded up.

The card is to give to a friend so that she can give it to her brother who is coming to visit from New Zealand. I think you can see all that I have done to make the card--distressed around the edges, made a ticket and a greeting and also added a couple of peel-off lines or maybe three :)

Note the price which was 5/- for the cloth folded version which I bought recently for more than that lol.

Have a good day

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. What a fine way to use that old special map, makes it look like a vintage card Chrissie! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think you spoke too soon Chrissie, it's raining here now!!!

    Great use of your map to house the card Chrissie

    Thanks for playing along with us over at AT this week - Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this, Chrissie - the old map book cover is a brilliant central piece on this card - giving a real sense of age and distressing - wonderful make!

    And I'm glad you found the post helpful... it's all very confusing, so I hope I'm right about the advice I'm giving!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, love how you used the old Maps, the price would have been quite high back then.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea Chrissie ! Love maps ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh "John Bartholomew" takes me back to some old maps I have had in my time. What a lovely idea and what a great find. I am sure the guy will be delighted.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Chrissie :)
    Von ☻

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Chrissie, what a great idea using that old map - fabulous card... Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design