The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge

Hello Everyone-hope your day is going well. We are back to the cold, wind and rain again so summer is on hold once more. I feel back to my old self again today and the cough and cold have almost gone. 

It is strange how mood affects what I make. Yesterday I felt almost in a fever and when I chose my word for the Alpha challenge the word Flame jumped out at me from the dictionary page.

This time at The Craft Barn the letter is F but with restrictions so read them carefully before you start your page.

You will need sunglasses to look at this but I do think it was made while I was feverish and I enjoyed piling on the paint and doing the brash swirls. I held the page down with my wonderful peg that Sandra swapped with me--thank you Sandra I love it.

 Making the page made me think of Vivaldi when he wrote the summer part of the Four Seasons. To him summer meant suffering and illness as he was asthmatic so the gentle sunny days and flowers that most of us think of were out of the question for him. Nigel Kennedy plays this piece so well on the violin and that may have been because he is also asthmatic and summer isn't a good time for him either.

Hope you enjoy summer if it ever arrives.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. looks fab...sorry you have been poorly, hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flaming page! Hope you soon feel better! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your fiery page especially the bright colours. I recently did a Pentecost page on similar lines. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Chrissie and what a fantastic choice of a word.

    Very bright and cheery, yet very firey too - fabulous.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great choice of word... it really does make for a fab page. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of drama on your pages Chrissie ! I love the sentiment... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great page! And a very interesting read in the "making of". Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very powerful page Chrissie and so appropriate now that I'm reading Brown's Inferno at the moment! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic page, your flames look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bright page! Love the story you told too! Hope you feel better soon, take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pages! Gorgeous, bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bright page - so obviously fire and flames and you look like you enjoyed doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous pages, love the quote

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages - full of fire and heat. Hope you're feeling better. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, a really striking page Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great page love the quote and all you said.Hope you are feeling better soon and able to keep up with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pages, love your word choice, and it is funny how we picl our words isn't?! You do often associate with something your encountered that particular day don't you? Anyhow, before I forget to mention it, I have some yummy candy on my blog and would love it if you would come and join in! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would be in a fever too if I had created this wonderful page - I mean wonderful!!!
    So glad you are feeling better.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear you are on the mend Chrissie. WOW! This page really leaps out at you and is a real winner. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful bright flame pages, great quote.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great page and what a marvellous quote from a great poet! Hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab word choice...and wonderful flames.. Hope you are feeling heaps better now?

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great vibrant page and a fab quote.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just visiting the F pages...
    This is a great, powerful page
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely gorgeous colours Chrissie which beautifully illustrate your chosen word.Hope you are on the mend now!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow that is a great page, im going to join in with the next one, ive been sitting on the sidelines for to long now.
    hope your soon fully on the mend

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your flamey page, what a great word choice, and fabulously illustrated

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous page !!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design