Altered Playing Card

Hello Everyone. I got up bright and early and ready to start the day with a smile. The smile isn't there any more after spending almost half an hour on the phone to an Indian gentleman who kept going around in circles. All I wanted to do was add an ap to my i-pod to be able to see my bank balance--my husband, Vic, has had one for ages on his and it took him about a minute to add it without any hassle at all.

 After saying all the same things to him 10 times,(your first pet's name etc.), he decided the problem was my mobile phone number which they needed. I gave it to him  a few times times then he asked if it was a Smart Phone! Well it is 'smart' to me cause it works lol---- it isn't smart enough for the ap to be added to my i-pod though. I then thought I would be cunning and give my husband's mobile number--wrong move for sure--it was detected instantly and I can't have the ap unless I buy a Smart Phone. Technology gone mad I reckon.

Rant over and my smile is back--thank you for listening :)

So now to my real post for today

At Sandee and Amelia's Steampunk challenge this month the theme is to alter a playing card.


I painted the playing card with white emulsion all expect for one corner as the rule is that you leave the name of the card on show. I used various techniques to make a background then added a gold embossed crown and some metal effect card that I had made. The others things were in my Steampunk bits box apart from the jewels that no king should be without.

Thanks for popping in today

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. A beautiful collage, Chrissie!

    Love all the wonderful texture of the bits 'n pieces you combined! And the rusted object in the left lower corner with the rhine stone looks great! :)

    Thank you very much for sharing your APC with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    die amelie - Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation! Only 51 more to go :-) Really appreciate your comments on my blog x Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece Chrissie! Sorry about your bad/mad phone call this morning, things like that are more than frustrating! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you pain with the phone call Chrissie, been there.... I LOVE your altered playing card, I've been wanting to have a go at this, but have NO idea what to do. Have a fab weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab work Chrissie and know just what you mean about trying to get apps sorted out via telephone
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Chrissie ! The different elements look great together... Glad you smile is back !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! A card fit for a King! I don't blame you having a rant - I would have too and probably with a lot of bleeped out words!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous, Chrissie

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a smart phone either, it texts and it rings and that's about it!!!

    Great collage and love how you've left the red K showing through from the playing card.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent card alteration glad the phone debacle didnt upset your creative side. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic alteration, looks great.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous altered card, with so much texture and the curly wire and little clock charm are great.
    Sorry to hear about your telephonic troubles... and it's so hard to keep your temper, and you know it's not their fault... but still!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great alteration :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulously altered playing card Chrissie! Love the metal parts, so pretty! Hope the ap worked in the end? Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your altered playing card Chrissie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea to alter playing cards. There's always that deck that is missing a few. And yours is grand...fit for a king...a perfect Father's day card.

    Enjoy the rest of your day and your smile,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. you work with some different details, great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design