Challenge 55 Out of a Hat

Hello Everyone. Still no sign of Spring for us yet but I am hopeful as some daffodils are trying their best to look yellow and we have a few primulas with flowers. Hope you have a really great day, evening or sleep depending what part of the world you are visiting from to my blog.

 This week has flown by and it is time for another challenge at Out of a Hat Creations.  It should be good fun as you have to decorate/alter a clothes peg or paper clip. Any type or peg or paper clip so lots of scope for this challenge


I chose to use an old fashioned wooden dolly peg  as I have always loved making peg dolls ever since I was little girl. This one is quite revolutionary with her determined look and Votes for Women Banner.

I started off by making the slit in the peg a bit longer so that the  pipe cleaner 'arms' would be shoulder height. Then I did the wool hair, the hat and the face. Next I  stuck the bottom of the peg onto a circle of wood and wound a baby wipe around it all to give it some shape. Then dress the peg doll in anyway you chose. I used some cotton material as I have quite a few small remnants that my daughter gave to me.

 The banner is a paperclip with the slogan stuck into it. I took her out into the garden to see if I could get a better picture.




Here is Miss Dolly Pegg knocking on the door of number 10, Downing Street with here 'dolly bag' swinging jauntily. 

This scene was taken in my light box that Vic made for me. It is wonderful to be able to make a scene before shooting the picture. The first picture was also done in this way.

To make one ---
Use a large cardboard box with all sides cut out and all of them covered in fine muslin or white cotton material except the front. Can be used any way up. I can angle my lamp to create the effect that I want.


Do pop to see what Carol, Janet and Sandra have made as their projects for this challenge as brilliant

Thank you for dropping by I appreciate it very much.

Love Chrissie xx






Comments

  1. Lovely piece, Chrissie, your little Miss Suffragette s very bold to be knocking at 10 Downing Street! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! This is fantastic Chrissie ! I love this little Miss ! You rock Lady ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I love it. What a great idea!!!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love her, and will march alongside her all the way to Downing Street... what a wonderful challenge, and what a lovely make! You're a busy poster at the moment!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Chrissie and it looks like you had quite a lot of fun putting it all together! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chrissie, her outfit is just fabulous. You're so clever. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chrissie, her outfit is just fabulous. You're so clever. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun Chrissie :) reminds me of the one I made my mum when still at school not as good as yours though :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie. Love your peg doll, she is quite an assertive lady. Great scene setting too. Thanks for the tip on how to make a light box. Will have to look into that, it's raining here today. Mind you the daffodils are in full bloom her at my end. Have a great day!!! Monika xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMW Chrissie!!!!! You have outdone yourself my friend!! I LOVE your peg doll, she's a brilliant creation, and I really had a good laugh when I saw her knocking on the door of Downing Street! You have such a great mind and she even looks marvellous from the back, too, gosh, such a great hat she's wearing! Just showed my DH, wanted him to see this, too! Big hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo I am the lucky person to have Emily Pankhurst as I swapped with Chrissie she is wonderful IRL. Thank you Chrissie. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Miss Peg and her revolutionary ways!! Also so impressed with your stage setting - you could start a new craze with that! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love you Miss Peg doll, its was great reading your post and seeing her in the different places.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissie, she's darling! I enjoy the photo of her 'knocking' on the door...very clever.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for making me smile, your lady is wonderful! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your little dolly peg Chrissie, she is so beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little suffragette! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chrissie Miss Peg is so beautiful & your background set is fabulous Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This little Miss is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Chrissie this is utterly brilliant and so clever and not only that, you used a peg and paperclip too. Great photos and info too - thanks.. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic piece, she is brilliant and I love that you have given her a scene too. I've recently purchased a a light tent, just need to sort out my lamps next. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work that is a very upper class peg dolly! x Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a great idea - loving your scene...very clever xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design