Artful Times Mask/stencil

Hello Everyone we have warmer and brighter weather today though as I write this it is clouding over already.

I scheduled a long post for weeks ahead and my Internet went off and I hadn't noticed that the post wasn't scheduled properly so you may have got it in your blog roll and wonder what I am playing at. It did tell me that errors may occur because of the Internet failure but it seems to happen so often recently that I ignored it. I will make sure I reread everything in future--I say this now but I bet I won't.

So back to the this post which is my entry for the challenge at Artful Times this fortnight.

The theme is masks, stencils or both

This is the back page of a book that is part of a swap with 3 other people--we all do three pages for each person and our own back, front and one other page.

I painted the page with two coats of different coloured emulsion paint then used Distressed Stain and Distressed Ink to make the background after using some die cut flowers as a mask so the emulsions shows then used a cut out swirl as a mask  before finally adding the Imagination Crafts Stencil Template which was just the right size for the page

Just thought I would add the die cut flowers as they were already quite inky.

Thanks for popping by

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Very pretty, and a great idea doing a book swap. Have a nice Sunday, and hope it is warmer in your corner too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the masking and effects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Chrissie you have got some nice depth to your page :)
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the background ! The sun is starting to shine here today...yay! Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty effects on your page Chrissie, love the masking and colours, fab shades! Also love the text! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super creation...Love the colors and the effects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh what wonderful masking! Loving the background and the colours. I am glad you used the flowers, they look very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful background and masking, its a great card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely book cover Chrissie, that's a beautiful stencil. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft colours and beautiful stencilling - it's lovely, Chrissie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great effect......love the background and these flowers,,,,Thanks for your comments at Jenny ' s blog (pushingtherightbuttons) about my bird picts,...so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff for free.....e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...gorgeous work Chrissie, loving your soft muted colour palette, the flowers are very pretty, great stenciling...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool - love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab Chrissie, I love your stencilling and the flowers remind me of poppies - one of my favourite flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love the colors and designs, Chrissie. Terrific stenciling on the background.

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful page, the colours and flowers are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design and page - great idea to add the flowers you were using as a mask...love it... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely and romantic creation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely dreamy look your background has. I had completely forgotten how emulsion paint can be useful in crafting. Thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet (sorry I am so late) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design