A Ruin

Two posts today and both of them for some of my favourite challenges

This one is for Every Inchie Monday and we are doing 52 inchies all different subjects which I think is a really terrific idea. This week the subject is RUIN.

My favourite ruin has to be Whitby Abbey which I visit as often as possible. It has such an air of mystery and if you can see it on the horizon at night it is even better. Difficult to capture the total magic of the place on an inchie but I had to try. The Abbey picture was one I took myself last year.


Hope it doesn't look like a parachute landing at the side but no picture of anything Whitby would be complete without something to do with Dracula as Bram Stoker is said to have written the famous book there. I used the bat image with dripping blood--YUK.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. I love this... the whole of Dracula on an inchie - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaargh Chrissie this is terrifying - well it doesn't take much to scare me! I love the drama you've managed to create on something so small. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic detail in such a small space.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inchie! I used to love visiting Whitby Abbey when I was living in Yorkshire. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I say it every time and I'll say it again - I can't believe how much you get on one of those tiny, tiny squares.

    It looks awesome, I love the shadow around the abbey and the dracula is a brilliant added touch!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, this is brilliant! I love the Dracula touch. Wondering how you did the abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. I love all the detail you show. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh!! I lived in England for a year & i have been to Whitby!! So cool!!! i really love your take on this one for sure. Brings back lovely memories thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely inchie!!! I really like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Inchie Chrissie. You can learn something everyday - I didn't know about the Abbey before.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your inchie so much Chrissie, the bat with the dripping blood is a great addition to the inchie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! so much detail on such a small space AND Whitby Abbey, it doesn't get any better x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design