Embossing and Valentine

Hello everyone! I do hope that 2013 is going well for you so far and that you have managed to avoid all the awful bugs that are invading so many spaces at the moment. I feel fit as fiddle so far and the sun is shining in a cloudless sky so it can't be bad.

Time to do a 'two for one challeng'e as Artful Times would like us to use 2 or more embossing folders on their challenge and Craft-room Challenge would like us to make a Valentine. As my crafty brain is still half asleep since the break I thought I would combine the two as I do like to do the challenges on both of these blogs.

I covered two pieces of card with some white, muslin material and when the PVA  was dry I cut out two different size shapes and passed them through the Cuttlebug in two different folders. The effect was better than I thought it would be and I spray painted them with colours I had mixed from some old inks. Then ran an old black ink pad over the embossed bits to make them stand out. A bit of a spray with Cosmic shimmer Mist here and there and the shapes were ready to assemble. I made the flower from hearts shapes made from embossed tinfoil and a die cut. The tinfoil was sprayed with the glitter mist as well.

Vic will be very surprised to get this wall hanging as I we don't usual even remember it is Valentine's. lol

Have a lovely day
best wishes Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. This has turned our so well, great idea! I'm still thinking! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, I love this valentine hanging! It looks like such a great idea that I believe I'll adjust the process so that we can do this at the nursing home craft club. Beautiful work. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I do so appreciate it.

    I looked back at some of your posts and see that you have lost quite a bit of weight (intentionally). Congratulations! Your method of keeping it off for 18 months is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hanging, super idea as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie, this is gorgeous and your husband will love it as it's so personal. I love your idea with the muslin, I would so love to try this!!! Thanks for joining in with our Valentine theme at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Valentine hanging. Great idea! Best wishes for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great valentine hanging Chrissie, Vic will love. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super highlighting on the embossing Chrissie and what a lovely surprise for Vic :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Valentine hanging Chrissie and your husband will love it too. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little valentine wall hanging, love all the texture you've got on there, I'm sure your hubby's going to love it! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The curly wire really sets this off, its a lovely project and will look great hanging up. I think this year it will be chocolates and flowers galore for Valentines Day! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hangings and this is perfect for Valentines. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissie this a great set of ideas you've used here! I love the use of the black ink pad to pick out all the texture and layers. This will be a wonderful valentine to give.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Hanging Chrissie. Love the texture and the earthy tones combined with the pink! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great hanging! LOVE IT!! thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge this fortnight and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea - what a brilliant idea (fabric on card - embossing folders. Must remember that.
    Love your creation - think that is fab.
    Hugs, Neet (and thanks for joining us at Artful Times) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design