Anything but a card-see related challenge

Hello everyone and welcome to my new followers--always lovely to see you and read your comments.

At Anything but a Card this time the challenge is to make something sea related. They also have a beautiful picture as inspiration if you would rather use that.

I chose to do underwater for my project.

I have had this note book for a long time meaning to alter the covers as it had Disney Characters on it. I bought it because I liked the idea of a notebook with a lock and 2 keys--little things please little minds so they say :)


The first thing I did was to put a very thick layer of cream coloured paint all over the outside of the book. When that had dried I used H20 paint to give it a bit of a glossy finish in a sea colour. I found the freebie mermaid image and printed it onto acetate then coloured on the back so the colours would show through.

Then I used some very thin sticky tape around the edges of the acetate to stick it onto the book. As an extra to hold it in place I added the fish emblies which I got at Crafty Emblies. Seems to be holding in place so far. Always a problem to know what to use to hold acetate in place. Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. This has turned out beautifully; love the wooden embellies, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, love the lock n key

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting on the back of the acetate is such a terrific technique Chrissie. Your mermaid is so serene. I hope you get to keep great ideas under lock and key and just for you. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and embelishments, and the mermaid is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mermaid Chrissie and those wooden embellishments are perfect for this wonderful cover. I like the idea of the little lock and keys too. A place to write/draw those special little things!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Have a great weekend.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mermaid,she looks awesome, love the colours throughout.
    as for fixing acetate,I have had the same problem. I have used brads and nails in the past but they are not exactly subtle. I guess a silicon glue or maybe even a matt medium would work on the back of the painted surface?
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with this. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design