A Fabric Tag

An unusual challenge at Artful Times-to make a fabric tag-great samples from Von and Neet and both very different. I imagine there will be many different types of tags for this challenge.

Here is mine

I covered a tag shape with some mock leather cloth-this represented a long leather coat I had when I first became a motor biker at the age of 14. Then I cut some red circles from an old tee shirt that reminded me of the colour of the thick mittens I had at the time. The emblies are all from Crafty emblies-link on my side bar. Making the tag brought back so many happy memories of days out and holidays. Someone sent me the unsual string stuff that I used for the tie.

I took the photograph outside as the light inside isn't good enough for photographs at this time of the year. The circles holding the tag are from a belt that I demolished and used to decorate a boring garden fence panel.

Thank you for the challenge girls.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Fab tag Chrissie, love the leathered look

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great when a project says so much about the person that has made it and this really made sense as I read your post. Great job Chrissie. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Chrissie, love the memories idea. The outdoor holders are also a good idea, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Chrissie I just can't keep up with all of your fantastic crafty things but I have had a good look and as always I am amazed at what you get up too when I'm not looking.

    keep up the good work xx Max xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Chrissie :) Love the leather look and sure reminds me of the 70's when I first went on a motorbike :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a novel way to decorate a tag with memories. Fab idea Chrissie and a fab tag as a result.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a novel way to decorate a tag with memories. Fab idea Chrissie and a fab tag as a result.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag Chrissie, I love the leather look.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie, great tag I love how you have decorated it with things that remind you. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely that you enjoyed making your wonderful tag so much! I love the leather look background and the wooden embellies go so well. Great little touch of faux stitching there too Chrissie!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work - beautiful tag! I just love that people can reuse stuff instead of just buing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design