Out of Hat Challenge 26

Hello Followers and Freinds

It has turned cold, windy and dark in the mornings and the early evenings all at once here and I am not keen at all :( I am hopeful that warmer days will come back soon :)

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we would like you to make something with the theme of Halloween in mind. This subject came to mind when Tracy offered to send a prize to a random draw winner and the prize is a set of Halloween stamps. Just a few more days to enter then all the names go into a hat and one will be chosen and Tracy will send them the stamps.

I made these pumpkin pincushions from an old, orange coloured tee shirt and some green felt. As Florence would say, 'you can never have too many pincushions'- and I know she is right because mine are all over the house. I used Martha Stewart's idea here -it is very easy and a lot of fun to make. My daughter and me made loads of kits for the guides to make up using red tee shirts to make the tomato ones. They are stuffed tightly and the hardest part is tying the ribbon around to make the pumpkin shape

The second thing I made is a door hanger because last year I had lots of bags of treats to give to callers and we didn't get anyone at all. I asked a neighbour with children why none of them had called and she said people had complained the year before about kids knocking on the door while they were watching television.
 Well I don't mind at all so maybe if I hang this outside they will decide we are 'Trick or Treat' friendly. I know it looks a bit 'child like' but I wanted it to.

This was made from the side of a box that had the new kettle in it so is quite a large tag. the pumpkin is just three ovals made with a Nestabilities shape. The eyes nose and mouth are felt . Hope it doesn't rain or it will have to be put in a polythene bag so it doesn't disintegrate.

Do pop to Sandra Florence and Janet's blogs to see what they have made for this week

Also it will soon be October so don't forget to visit here and see what Florence has in store for us when she does Christmas in October.

Hope you will join us in this week's challenge as we always love to see what you have made.

xxxxxxx

Comments

  1. I LOVE your pumkin pin cushions! They are just so cute. Bet tomatoes look equally as good - infact you could end up with a whole fruit/veg bowl, as long as no-one tried to eat them:)) Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant pumpkin pin cushions, I love them and I love your door hanger too.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pumpkins, now I must make one of those. Several would look good grouped together for a Halloween display.
    Love the hanger too and what a good idea to use those ovals.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've excelled yourself here Chrissie. these are fab. Thanks for sharing the link. Great door hanger too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, those pin cushions look really adorable. Great idea with the door hanger, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW love your pumpkin pin cushions and what a fab idea to make a sign letting the kids know you are willing to have them round.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I love the pumpkin pin cushions, they look so cute! And what a fab door hanger, too! Bring on Halloween! lol ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pincushions, they look so realistic. Wonderful hanger as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Halloween projects, Chrissie. I love the pumpkin spin on the tomato pin cushion. We live on a corner of a small street that the kids would skip over on Halloween, so I started decorating the yard as a graveyard to entice them in. My kids and I have a great time setting it up and we now get more trick or treaters!
    Hugs Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pin cushion Chrissie :) bet you could make them in your sleep now lol
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie your pin cushions are fabulous,love the door hanger,great Halloween projects
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissie your pin cushions are amazing I love them, I want them, I need them !!! I must go visit that tutorial, they are simply amazing. Love your door hanger thingy too. What a shame people are so small minded and prefer the telly to having a bit of fun. Halloween is not celebrated here and i do miss it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design