Inchies at Artful Times

I always find it difficult to think small but inchies at Artful Times  was a challenge not to be missed. I have been wanting to try something that is new to me--'Found Poetry'. Do look it up on the net if you want to know what it is all about.

I had seem this being used in artwork so I thought I would have a go-the arty form is a bit of a deviation from the writers form of Found Poetry but has the same basic elements.

About erratic, young fashion.
A rare way of dressing?
A way of shocking society?

the page before



A friend sent me some pages from an old book she found in the attic--thank you Max-so I have used that to 'find my poetry'. The actual page is about cooking a chicken so nothing to do with what I ended up writing. You chose the words then mask them in some way, leaving them where they were on the page. Then do any artwork you like that relates to the words-the Inchies were ideal for this . Not easy to chose words that can be used in order but that is how I have seen it done on the blogs I visited.

A wonderful one here at A Surcee Life





Comments

  1. An interesting concept Chrissie:) I think Brenda has done a page in her journal lie this. You've done well :)
    Thank you for sharing ths with us at Artful Times
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really interesting Chrissie. I have never heard about this before. TFS. Looks a lot of fun as well. Fab project.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fascinating, must give it a go! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, it will go on my 'try this list'.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous way to display the inches, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to display your array of inches, love the text words you've picked out too!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie, this is just great and very arty. I am impressed :) hugs honey Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. all I can say is my old book page has come to a very crafty end !
    What ever next :) LOL!
    x Max x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love "Found Poetry"?
    Your piece is wonderful.Thanks for stopping by my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun and interesting - the whole thing really appeals to me Chrissie and thank you for introducing me to it! Lovely work Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must check this out! This is a good way to display small pieces of artwork. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Artful Times Chrissie.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. not seen this before, really interesting x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea - conjures up all sorts of things. . . .
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design