Out of Hat Creations Challenge 22

Hi Everyone

Hope you have had an enjoyable and crafty week.

For this challenge we decided to ditch the hat and go with something that Janet suggested. We couldn't wait to have a go when we heard about it and Sandra said that it would be nice to have it as a swap with the four of us as well--which we have done. Do visit Janet, Sandra and Florences' blogs to see what they came up with for this challenge and go to Out of a Hat Creations to join in with the challenge.

So what is the challenge? Well it is to alter a mousetrap. It wasn't too easy to find an old fashioned wooden mousetrap but we have had a mention about getting one on the Hatters blog for a few weeks so I hope everyone who would like to join in has got one or can get one.

I was so excited about making it and sending it to Sandra that I forgot to take pictures along the way of how I did the various bits. First of all I took off some of the bits that stuck out or seemed a bit dangerous. Then I sprayed the whole thing with gold paint and stamped images in black onto it. None of those are visible now so only me knows they are there -or maybe Sandra if she has taken out the cards I added under the spring bit. The little cards are cover in Ferro Roche papers which look great scrunched up.

I added some flowers and leaves that I made,some wooden emblies, a bit of chain at the top and jewels at the bottom. All a bit OTT really but very enjoyable at the same time. I have another one I am going to make to hang in the garden so need to use waterproof things for that. Thought I might add some little bells as well so they tinkle in the breeze--or strong winds in our case.

Hope lots of you will join in as we love to see what others make for our challenges but before you add a link to your entries please read the Out of a Hat rules page and make sure that you have followed the rules for the challenges-thank you.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Gorgeous altered trap Chrissie. FAB photo!! Love all of the detail and embellishments.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece! This should make any mouse very happy! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beaut! I love the Feraro Rocher papers as a background for your papers. Great idea. Your other embellishments are also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning way to decorate a mouse trap, no wonder you all wanted to have a play. Great idea to swap them too!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Pretty Chrissie and I am lucky to have it hanging up on my craft room wall. I also had a sneaky peek at the secret stamping. Thank you I love it. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really went to town on this one Chrissie :) you'd never know it was really a mouse trap :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is one opulent mousetrap! Fabulous embellishments and ove that you sprayed it gold, absolutely gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, looks like you are still in a gold mood ! What an amazing creation once again so much work and detail looks like you hatters have started a mouse trap design business for the rich and mouse plagued.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fabulous mouse trap Chrissie,love it
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! What a fabulous creation you have done and how lovely to receive something like that.
    I am sorry I have not been joining in recently and won't be in on this one either but good luck with it.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps I will be back

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design