Out of a Hat Creations-Challenge 20

Hello Everyone

Nice to see people joining in last week for the LINES challenge as what with holidays and Olympics everyone is very busy for sure. Thank you.

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we have as the challenge 'All Parceled Up'. We would like to see a gift bag or gift box to hold a present. So many styles to chose from and I'm afraid I made something quite easy as time just seems to have flown by just recently.

Do pop to see what the other Hatters have made Janet, Florence and Sandra--all beautiful work as always

I made the bag from an envelope-approximate size 9x6

Lots of tutorials online as to how to make this type of bag from an envelope

I used Crafty Individuals stamps for the background and the image. The flower I made from some die cuts my friend Max had sent me--she had cut them from an old book page and I really love them. I painted it with H20 paint to give it a bit of sparkle and then stamped on it with the flower stamp I used on the bag background.

There are lots of tutorials for folded leaf cards online but I only wanted leaves so had to adapt the tutorial a bit for those.
A bit of ribbon to finish it off and that's it really

I made another one as a fun present for a friend. We went to a posh craft fayre--just a few stalls there and nothing we really fancied at all except for some scarves. We both liked them but you had to order them as none were for sale on the day. We ummed and ahhed but never ordered any at the time so I popped back later and ordered a couple without my friend knowing so we have one each and the sparkling bits hanging out of the bag are the tassel things on the end of the scarf. Hench the writing on the tag--I wonder if she will guess what's in the bag.

The picture I used is from http://frenchkissedpostcards.blogspot.co.uk/  and the label is from Crafty Individuals. Thought the pegs were a bit of giggle to hold the bag together instead of sellotape.



Comments

  1. Love those bag made form envelopes Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The are both gorgeous gift bags Chrissie. Ideal for scarfs or any prezzy.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Chrissie! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie. I love your little bags. Great embellishments. Your friend must have been surprised by the scarf - lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with easy Chrissie, looks extremely stylish to me and if the cap fits .....

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bags Chrissie, I never thought of making bags from envelopes it really works. I bet your friend will be thrilled to bits. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is something else I've never had a go at - making an envelope bag! Two gorgeous bags Chrissie, your friend will be delighted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects, the bags are gifts in themselves without any contents.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I love that you snuck away to get one for you and your friend. I'm sure she will love it, and the presentation is absolutely gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are gorgeous and what a fab idea! Your friend will be so pleased xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweet packages are so lovely Chrissie. How lucky the recipient will be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just found your blog and I love your projects. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous creations Chrissie and i just love those folded leaves - need to search for how to do them.
    What a great idea with the fringing on the scarf - your friend will be made up with this.
    Love both bags - they are super.
    Hugs, Need xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    These are so beautiful and I see two of my favourite companies:- Crafty Individuals and the equally wonderful Trishia's gorgeous image.
    Off to become a new Follower.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chrissie,Gorgeous bags,have to a look at how to make them.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie both are beautiful and the stamps are gorgeous , it's great to make something easy for a change and oth are beautifully stylish. I bet your friend was very surprised and happy to receive this gorgeous gift.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design