Challenge 23 at Out of a Hat Creations

Hello Friends

Well we had a super Bank Holiday weekend with daughter and son-in-law doing things we wouldn't have dreamed of doing on our own. Frantic and fun best describes the times when we meet-up together but also did some crafting as well and she has gone home with a big box full of handmade items for the Cat Protection Sale.

Sorry that some of you couldn't get mousetraps for last week's challenge as it was a fun challenge for sure. Loved the ones that were entered and the novel ideas.

This week's Challenge at Out of a Hat is to use your favourite technique or product to make anything you like. I found it a bit difficult as I like so many things and ways of using them but what I thought about was what I do if I am just making something for no particular reason. Well I just love messing about with metal papers or tape and trying to make it look old.



Most of these are silver paper from packaging or alumium tape from a roll that I bought to play around with. Some is passed through the Cuttlebug in a folder,  others I scrunch up or stick shapes to card then cover with silver paper or the tape. I use black ink on some and brown show polish on some and alcohol ink as well. Whatever is around I try just to see what effects I can get. 


This is a tag made from some of the samples above.

Hope you will join us in this week's challenge and have fun. Do pop to Janet, Sandra and Florence's blogs to see what they have made for this challenge.



Comments

  1. Gorgeous work. I love metal and tape to, so can relate! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I have some metal tape but haven't used it yet - you have inspired me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab. I've never had a go with metal tape but every time I see someone use it I always think "I must get some of this stuff!" xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous once again Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Chrissie love all of your wonderful techniques you never cease to amaze me with your craftiness. This is amazing never used metal tape myself but in certainly looks fanastic

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous metal effects, the metal tape sounds a good product.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful examples Chrissie. I will "give metal a chance" because you've given me some great ideas.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your metal effects Chrissie
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful texture Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous technique Chrissie

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie this is just great I must give this technique a go it looks so good. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's lovely Chrissie. What a lovely set of metallic pieces you made originally hope you get a lot of.easire embellishing them. We did seeing this finished piece.
    Hugs
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the metal look. I've always wanted to try the embossed foil. You've got me thinking about it again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all really effective, and I love the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi ya Chrissie. Stunning project!!! Really love what you have made. Sorry my first comment doesnt seem to have appeared.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie! Lovely tag. I would hang it on a wall as decoration. It's great. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your metal papers are all delicious... and I love your finished tag! Can't wait to see what you get up to with the rest of it...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design