Summer Days at Sugar Creek Hollow

Well it certainly isn't very summery here in the North East UK but nice to be able to make something to remind us of Summer Days. The challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is to do just that so I made a card with something I always enjoyed doing when I was kid. Bike rides in the summer holidays meant adventures for me.


I used a big sponge swirl for the background then distressed the edges with Rangers, broken china, distressed ink. The image was a free digi image which I painted in pale shades. The circles are cutout of a paper tray cover.  That's about it really apart from lace, ribbon, buttons and a die cut flower

Comments

  1. ...what a loVely image...great use of doilies & very pretty lace Chrissie...a beautiful summer loVing card...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful image and I love how you've used all the elements on your card.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the image of the bike riders, pure nostalgia. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashamed to say I can't even ride a bike Chrissie - but it lookslike fun!! Thanks for popping by to see my WOYWW post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! Chrissie, This is gorgeous.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous summer days vintage card so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design