Out of Hat Challenge 18-sewing

Hello Friends

This week at Out of a Hat Creations we are asking you to make something that shows some of your sewing. Hope you will join in with us as it is always terrific to see what people make. Loved the pieces for the Time challenge and visiting the blogs of the people who joined us with the challenge.

Do pop to Florence's, Janet's and Sandra's blogs to see what they have made for the sewing challenge-we Hatters love company :)

I have lots of material and cottons and a sewing machine but I rarely sew anything these days. This was my chance to have a go.

This is what I made from an old curtain and a pillowcase that we have never used. The pocket is a double one but I am not sure what the bag is going to be used for yet. It is lined with the pillowcase material-this determined the size of  the bag as I used the part already sewn, and when I had made the flowers as well the whole of the pillowcase had been used up--one flower is a petal short as I didn't even have enough material to make that. The pleating was already on the pillowcase so I can't take credit for that.

close up of bottom flower--made all by hand and showing my stitching
top two flowers--on the right the one with a missing petal :(

I have written a tutorial for you to make some of the flowers here



Comments

  1. Great sewing and lvely colours..wish I could sew! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh this is just gorgeous. What a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bag Chrissie very handy :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chrissie this bag is so pretty I love the colours and I expect the missing petal blow away in the wind tehe. Lovely handmade flowers I sure would love the pattern for those pretty please :)
    Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have a pattern for things Sandra lol but I will think how I made them and do a tutorial just for you--watch this space lol. Will let you know when I have it written with a pattern for the petals.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bag - really pretty - Thanks for sharing in our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fantastic project. love your hand stitched flowers.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Καλημερα Chrissies..χαρηκα που περασες απο το λημερι μου..προσπαθω να γινω αναγνωστρια σου..αλλα δεν μπορω..θα προσπαθησω ξανα..πολυ ομορφος διαγωνισμος..η δημιουργιες σου ειναι υπεροχες..η τσαντα υπεροχη..πολλυ ομορφη δουλεια..να σαι καλα..θα παρω και γω μερος..θα χαρω να τα λεμε..φιλια πολλα και χαιρετισμους απο Ελλαδα..

    ReplyDelete
  9. transaltion

    Good morning Chrissies .. I was glad to go through the haunt me .. try to be a reader .. you .. but I will try again .. very nice .. the Competition you are wonderful creations .. the bag very beautiful .. wonderful job to .. well .. you'll be PARO part .. and I will be happy to See you .. many kisses and greetings from Greece ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chrissie, this is just wonderful, and what a brilliant tutorial for your flowers. I too wish I could sew x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bag Chrissie,love the colours,the flowers are fab
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is absolutely super Chrissie and you should be really proud to walk out carrying such a delightful bag.
    Love the flowers and if you hadn't said about the missing petal I doubt we would have known.
    Off to look at your tutorial now.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design