Artful Times European Journey Tag

I was so pleased when I saw this challenge as I have just bought 'Book 5' (Travels in Italy) pages from Crafty Individuals and they are so beautiful. I do like the challenges at Artful Times . Always lovely to see what the team have made and to join in there. For the next 2 weeks the challenge is 'Travels in Europe Tag', so lots of things to chose for sure.



I covered a tag with part of one of the pages then looked for a menu board in Italian. I found one without writing but it was in garish colours so I made it black and white and removed the white background to use it like a digital stamp. After that I found an old Italian Proverb and printed that onto the tag using Paint Shop Pro.

Next the edges of the tag were distressed in three different colours of Rangers Distressed Inks and finished off with a thin strip of Cosmic Glimmer Mist used like a paint. A bit of fluffy wool for the tie and that's it really.

Oh the proverb when translated says

'At the table with good friends and family, you do not grow old.'

Comments

  1. Wonderful the way you have put this together Chrissie :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, its a fantastic tag with a lovely quote.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used Chrissie, reminds me of whinberry e and cream!
    What a fabulous image you have used too - that takes me back to Italy where I always say I love the country, scenery, people and ... the food!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, and I love that quote! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colours and a lovely quote x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Chrissie this is beautiful, I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag Chrissie

    Thanks for taking us to Italy

    Sam - Artful Times xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie lovely tag and I love thats Italy. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful... and what a lovely sentiment. Love your colours, and great to hear about your process. Thank you for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this beautiful! What gorgeous colors and details! Thank you for your sweet comments about the Summer of Color girls too! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful art to come, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design