Out of a Hat Challenge 4

This week at Out of a Hat Creations is 'What's in Your Shed' but it could be anywhere that you keep things that might one day be useful. I don't very often go into our shed so it was nice to see that there were lots of things in there I could use for crafting in the future :) Remember you can make anything you like that is in the theme and it doesn't have to be messy or inky.

I found these 2 boxes of mussel shells that we had collected ages ago with a project in mind and we can't think what the project was now.

Here is what I made with some of them. The picture is of the Happy Fisherman which is the emblem of Skegness. I stuck that onto an old CD the made a bigger circle of thick cardboard and stuck the CD onto that. Then a seperate circle with a cut out middle to stick on the shells to make the frame. The shells were difficult to stick so I found something else in the shed--a very large tube of silicone glue-- so I used that and it worked well. Add the frame to the circle and there you have a picture for he bathroom wall

Comments

  1. Hi Chrissie, how fab is this wall hanging for your bathroom,brilliant,great way to use your shells.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but smile when I see this jolly fisherman. A super idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie this is just great and really brings a smile to my face. A fab idea. Hugs Sandra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...it's amazing what you can find in your shed!...shells are great elements to add to your design...loVely work...I spent many happy times at Skegness as a child...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such fun, love the frame.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Chrissie :) and a great way to use the shells :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to use up the shells I love it :)

    Becky T

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. I felt as though I was venturing into something I knew nothing about with this one but it is nice to try different things.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design