Black and White at Just for Fun

Another interesting combo to think about this week at Just for Fun. Whenever I think of Black and White I think of Freddie Mercury in his white and black clothes on the last album he made just before he died. I thought his music was amazing and particular the Bohemian Rhasody. Where am I going with this you may well ask?

I decided to use an old frame that was in the shed and paint it white--just a rough coat of paint to make it look rustic, then I made a few things in PSP and juggled them about a bit to make a picture to add to the frame as a tribute to Freddie Mercury. The backing paper is some old music that I bought at the charity shop and scanned into my computer. It was very brown but it wasn't too difficult to use an effect to make it Black and White. The text is from the Bohemian Rhapsody.

My husband just loves the picture and can't wait to hang it somewhere :)



Comments

  1. it's a great tribute to a great man, I loved his music also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very striking card Chrissie. Love the mono
    ps, drop by and grab the new freebie creation i made for my lovely friends at Dezinaworld
    Have a fabulous weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. A Great tribute and brilliant project. Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Chrissie and a great tribute to a great performer :)
    Thank you for playing along with us once again at Just for Fun
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous picture love that it is a tribute to music you obviously rocked to! thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab picture , I love Freddie Mercury too and I know the costume you mean. This is great , love the queen theme , its perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picture Chrissie,so Freddie Mercury
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture Chrissie, he was a favourite of mine as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great that your husband wants to hang your picture somewhere - but then who can argue, it is gorgeous. How nice to be reminded of something dear to your heart when you look at it. Thank you so much for joining us at JFF this week. Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh the only thing my husband wants to hang is me !!!!! Fabulous collage piece just love it . As for Freddy he was one of my faves as was B R >

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tribute piece it certainly deserves a special place to hang. Hugs Sandra XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic piece - great tribute too

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great fun Chrissie. Love the musical and geometric background. Fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A real Master piece you have created love all the detail just fabulous.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing piece of art.....how fun and creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design