'Precious Metal' at JFF

Oh another panic moment when I saw the word metal for the challenge. I am such a whimp when it comes to handle the tin opener and the thought of doing anything with the tin afterwards horrified me. Never mind it was Thursday and it was a Just for Fun Challenge so I have overcome yet another of my fears lol

Off to the blue recycle bin this time and a rummage around in the newpapers and glass jars:) Easier than last week when I had to forage in the brown bin full of garden waste but that is where we put cardboard for recycling. Oh heck I digress once again-- I found a tuna can and took the top fully off and used that for the project. It had rings on it so I sorta got an idea from them. Vic turned in the edges for me thank goodness so I wouldn't cut myself and I mounted it on a card shape as well just to doubly sure!

Painted the whole thing with emulsion paint then sprayed it with glue and sprinkled a bit of embossing powder here and there. Allsorts happened when I heated it up but thankfully it stayed ok to use. Then I thought about the flowers. I wasn't brave enough to make those from a coke can like Von did. I sprayed some of the paper ones, that I had made, with glue then dipped them in embossing powder and embossed them. Finished them off with dabs of ink to match the emulsion. Added the latest pic of me and Vic together and that's it so far.

I hope I can fit in something else for this to use in the swap.

Comments

  1. Hi Chrisse. You always do have the most amazing ideas. Totally fab project. Such a lovely photo of you both. Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie this is wonderful! and you were right to take precautions! You might find a drinks can once flattened is actually a little easier to work work with.

    Love the results of embossing on top of the paint you have wonderful textures there bet it feels marvelous. Our 'regulars' are such a talented lot and so willing to take on anything. Thank you for being one of us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have achieved some amazing textures on your creation for this week Chrissie :)the flowers look like they are metal even though they aren't
    Thank you and Vic lol for joining us once again at Just for Fun
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super creation - fab texture and a lovely photo of you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project Chrissie
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, great texture, and love the sentiment. Hugs Sandra XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece, love the textures. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous recycling and great photo Chrissie. Love the whole effect you have achieved.
    Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super job you have made of using metal in your artwork. Once again you have come up trumps with your interpretation of the theme. Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you ! I too am afraid of the tin opener ! Fabulous project the texture and the colour is amazing and the flowers look like metal. Great phot of you both !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, I share your fear of jagged metal and ensuing cuts. I have up in my art studio the remains of 2 Pepsi cans that have tops and bottoms removed and the body cut and flattened. I'm waiting to figure out what to do with the metal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design