Tag and canvas

Happy Weekend All from a dark and wet NE UK coast. Thank you for calling in and brightening my day.

Go Tag Thursday has Ephemera as the theme for this week. As I am never quite sure what that means from a crafty point of view I went digital and stuck with things I know don't last long.


At That's Crafty Challenges this time the theme is Round and Round

I made a canvas. The first thing was to spread Aztec Metallics Craft Paint all over the canvas. Using an old plastic shop card you can create wonderful textures using the paints this way. Next I just used odd round things to stamp out circles here and there in the wet paint. When it was almost dry there was a wet part on the left so I sprinkled some matching glitter over it. 

The middle I made in Paint Shop Pro and printed it out on photographic paper.


It is a fairground big wheel with a globe in the middle and I added the words that seem to fit and they are a from a song that I love from an old film.
Finally I added a mix of round buttons.

That's it for today

Enjoy whatever you are doing

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. What fabulous texture and colour on your canvas! And I do love your list of things that don't last long..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome canvas Chrissie and love the whole concept of it...your tag is lovely. The stitching on my blog post are on the actual die, they are faux type stitching I guess and come out like that when the die is cut.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag and I love your canvas Chrissie!
    Happy Saturday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag and canvas, the Aztec paints look great! Love the buttons, too. Have a nice day, hope it brightens for you. got your mail, will write later. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a fantastic canvas Chrissie, I thought at first you had stitched the wheel, it is a great frame for the world globe.
    The words on the tag made me smile, just imagine building a sand castle in the snow, now that would be fun.
    Its a cold grey day here as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is how I described Ephemera when I taught my altered book class:

    Ephemera: printed material that has little or no value and is not intended to be saved or preserved. These can include postcards, catalogs, cash register receipts, parking stubs, posters, tickets, bookmarks, airsickness bags, restaurant take out menus, napkins, corrugated cardboard, and any piece of clean paper meant to go into the trash or recycle bin after use.

    I like your digital interpretation, though, because it is wonderful and the items you chose are definitely temporary.

    I really LOVE your round and round challenge. You have a fabulous printer. And, you did a great job creating that globe, too. I am always in awe of your digital skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People tend to use ephemera a lot in Scrapbooking, for instance showing the ticket stubs along with the photo of the tourist attraction they have visited.

      Delete
  7. That is a cool page. I love how the middle image adds so much texture. And with the other great pieces you have some A+ art here Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces Chrissie! I just love the creative background you made on the canvas with all the impressions in the wet paint, how clever! Your bubble tag is amazing too! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mix of real and digital designs! I use plastic cards a lot with paints, I hate cleaning up and if it gets too dirty I just throw it away...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, both tags are beautiful. The sun is out here today, it feels great ! Take good care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these tags! Great idea for the top one! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Tag Chrissie.
    Thank you so much for playing along in this weeks challenge over at Go Tag Thursday..x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design