A card and Scarborough Photos

Hi All from a very sunny NE UK Coast. It is cold and we do have showers but the sky is mostly blue and sunny so a nice day for a walk. Thank you for dropping by and I hope you will enjoy the post today.

I just saw a challenge at Shopping Your Stash and it was to use something chipboard. I have a box full of chip board shapes so I thought it was time to get one of them out.


The boot shape was one I had left from a set by Tando and I painted it brown and added some gold glitter--it now looks white on the photograph. The boot holes I filled with black beads and then added some silk flowers.

We went to Scarborough one day in the week and it was a beautiful day. I forgot to take my camera so these were taken on Vic's phone.

Lots of new beach huts and some double decker ones. They had set up an office to get people to rent the huts for the coming week when the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race ends along the seafront.


This is the Grand Hotel which is mostly used for coach tours these days

A nice peaceful and shady place to sit for a while in Peasholme Park


Part of the Spa Complex where you can sit outside and have a drink or lunch and listen to live music and look at the beautiful view.

Have a great day 

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. Wow the beach houses are awesome and love the photos. Brilliantly design here today and gorgeous colour combo used…love this creation.xx

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, that chipboard boot is so elegant! Beautiful photos, so many different things to see. Love the row of crayon coloured huts, so fun! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Great photos of Scarborough, which is looking really smart these days, those beach houses are fantastic. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Scarborough looks to have changed a bit since I was there last which I have to admit, was a while ago! Love those beach huts, the colours are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos of Scarborough are stunning, especially those beach huts! I have never visited but the lovely photos make me want to come.
    Great card too, the boot is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful project Chrissie, I love the way do embellished the boot.
    Super photos, those beach huts look so colourful. Will you get to see any of the race or will you be like us and view it on TV.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Yvonne. We may go to Beverley for the start depending on yhe weather

      Love Chrissie xx

      Delete
  7. Love the boot! Most of all I loved all of your pictures - my own private travel log!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to have such a beautiful shoe :)
    Thanks for sharing fab photos. Interesting houses.
    Have a happy Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos .
    Love your card . The boot has worked well with bling and those beautiful silk flowers .
    cheers Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that glittery boot - and Scarborough looks lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and beautiful photos ! I also really like your new header. Happy Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shoe is lovely, I wouldn't mind one like that! Great photos too, I've never been To Scarborough but after seeing those I think it's worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card Chrissie, it reminds me of Christmas for some reason lol. Great photo's of Scarborough, those beach huts look fab, very new and shiny xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card, the boot and flowers are fabulous. Love your photos, especially the beach huts. Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card and your photos! Thanks for sharing both!
    Hopefully the warmer weather will come to us here in Southern Ontario before too much longer!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for "Chip Off the Old Block" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work Chrissie, we were up in Scarborough the week before last, one of Peter's sons lives there, near Peasholme Park.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh, what a great use of chipboard, that shoe is BEAUTIFUL and you've accessorized it perfectly! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (chipboard!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

    ps: DOUBLE DECKER beach huts??!?!?! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A charming vintage boot, and what great photos of Scarborough. Those beach houses are simply wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design