Journal Page and Card

Hello Everybody. Hope the weather is nice where you are. Thank you for finding time to pop in and see what I have made today.Always great to read your comments.

At Art Journal Journey the Post and Postage challenge has some wonderful journal pages for you to see here where every entry is showcased.



I made a digital page with Post Acronyms that we used to add to the back of love letters. I have added only the clean ones as some were quite risque. They started in the second World War when lovers were separated and mail was the only way to stay in touch.

CHINA: Come Home I Need Affection
HOLLAND: Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
ITALY: I Trust And Love You
WALES: With A Love Eternal Sweetheart
MALAYA: My Ardent Lips Await Your Arrival
S.W.A.L.K Sealed With A Loving Kiss




It's a while since I entered a card challenge but a few of the people whose blogs I visit make wonderful cards and are DTs on various challenge blogs. I made this card to fit three of the blogs. It is for a friend who has recently had a windfall and intends to spend it all travelling. He doesn't quite know where to yet so I am calling this card Destination Unknown

I used an A5 whiter card and edged the spine with burlap then went around the edges with  Rusty Hinge Distressed Ink which I also used on the photograph which is from the Expedition kit by Tim Holtz. The circle is from that as well and I wrote on it Travel Time.

I used a piece of packaging next and added a piece of paper by Daisy D. Next layer Tim Holtz District Market card from a set I have had a long time.I dyed the twine with the Rusty Hinge Ink and added some little wooden buttons

I would like to enter this at

City Crafters where Hemp and Twine will be Fine-thanks to Marina I found this challenge

Vintage Journey who have Destination this month-many of my blog friend design for there

Country View Crafts have On Your Travels that I spotted thanks to Pamellia who was a guest there

I think that is plenty for today

Enjoy whatever you are doing

Love Chrissie xx







Comments

  1. I love your fun acronyms collage! Your card is a truly beautiful , vintage design. I love the way you've threaded the twine and button. I saw this post in my blogger feed but now I see you are entering it at City Crafter (glad I alerted you to this challenge!) so I will thank you on behalf of CCCB for entering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The page ist so beautiful .. great with this post acronyms - thank you for sharing I didn't know that!
    And your journey card is an eyecatcher..so beautiful made!
    Happy Day Chrissie and thank you so much for sharing Art Journal Journey again (and again) !!!
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journal page and card, both really atmospheric, great colours, too. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your digital page is brilliant and so is the gorgeous card!! Love them both, Chrissie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both page and card lovely Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creations are beautiful Chrissie, as always... Love the sentiment on the digital page, it is so true ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love this great page, the image is really fabulous. The card is fantastic too.
    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used wonderful old photos in the great page and card. Fine ideas, too. Love♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the old photos you've used. How pretty they make your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful digital collage, great vintage design! I hope you are doing well, it's been very busy here. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Fabulous creations Chrissie and gorgeous colours...
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love how you incorporated all the acronyms on your page, very clever. I recognize a couple of them, but not all...quite interesting actually. Your Travel piece is just gorgeous! Thanks for the mention, I'm glad you threw your hat in the ring over there, they have great challenge themes and such a talented line up of artists. Your addition of the twine is such a perfect detail, and I love the wooden buttons too. big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page with the acronyms, only knew one of them!
    Love the vintage themed card for your friend, great papers and image. I'm sure he'll love this.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous projects!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do remember some of those acronyms (and one of the risqué ones starting with a B), this page is fabulous Chrissie, but must say your card is the star here! I love it!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the papers you used on this great masculine travel card - what a great vintage image too! Thanks for sharing those fun post acronyms! I only knew the SWAK one (we left out the Loving part!) thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the journal page Chrissie with all the acronyms, I learned a couple more from you today. The card is fantastic, your friend must be excited to be going off travelling.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fab Chrissie, I really love your traveling gentlemen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your AJJ is so original and evocative of the time, and yes, I do remember SWALK.
    I like your card very much too, with the soft warm colours and the old photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello from AJJ.
    Both creations are wonderful.
    A love letter in the mail would be such a treasure.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I only knew SWALK didn't realise there were many more! Lovely illustration for the postal theme.
    Love your card too, perfectly vintage and the photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous!!! Thank you so very kindly for joining us at CCCB this week!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are stunning; I am in awe:). Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pleased Pamellia inspired you to enter because your card is fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us CCVC hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A super masculine card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic congratulations card Chrissie! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply marvellous photo on your postal page, Chrissie - I just adore it, and the acronyms too - some of which I'd not met before.

    And what a fabulous card too - I love the colour tones and beautiful layering. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design