Card and Tiny Book

Hi All. Nice of you to visit Jumbled Crafts today-thank you.

I needed to make a card for a friend and I got an idea from Hiding in my Craft Room where the theme this time is Banners.


I started off with a piece of white card and  distressed the edges. Then I used the same ink to colour some lace and added that. Next layer patterned paper, then more patterned paper. A doilie, a nestie shape and a beautiful Gecko Galz image that I changed the colour of in Paint Shop Pro.I then stuck the whole lot onto a purple blank card and added my little banners on some lace by attaching them with gold brads. The letters were cut-out with Sizzix dies and my Cuttlebug.


The next make is for the Artful Times Challenge where the theme this time is to make a book no bigger than 2" x 3".
 This was difficult but I got there in the end. The outside has been embossed in the Tim Holtz clock folder then various colours of TH Distressed inks used to colour it and also some Glitter Jewels Iced Crystal for texture. It does look shinier in real life but the glitter bits show up green on the photograph.
I added 2 of the cats from the Kitty Tiles Stamp by Hampton Art Stampers. I will be adding more to the pages as there are 12 tiles in the set. This stamp belongs to my daughter and I stamped it a few times when I last visited her.

I have splodged my pages with Distressed inks to match the outside of the book so maybe I will show it again when I finish decorating them.

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. I love this fab color on your card and the romantic style and this little booklet looks beautiful too!
    Happy day dear Chrissie!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours today, you are the lilac lady! Beautiful card, Karen will LOVE it, and the little book is a masterpiece, just beautiful! Have a lovely day, will mail you this evening, I'm waiting for my students now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Chrissie and I am totally in love with your little book ! Awesome ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love all the soft purples and your kitty cats are adorable! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and a gorgeous little book.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You card is a picture of loveliness, love the soft harmonious colours. Love the texture in your mini book. Difficult to work on such a small scale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Chrissy and such a gorgeous colour.
    Book looks interesting, look forward to seeing the pages.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Chrissie, awesome details. The tiny book looks fabulous, look forward to seeing inside.
    Yvonnexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the card and little book. The colours are just right. Thank you for sharing with us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, beautiful designs, love the colours of the top one, fantastic vintage creation. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, such a lovely card, and precious little book. I, too, have a friend named Karen, so this struck home for me. I just love little books...they have a sweet bit of mystery about them, and are so enticing to pick up and look through. I am looking forward to seeing the inside pages.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the purple hues going on here Chrissie. Such lovely projects. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful and the mini book is a definite triumph! It's gorgeous and I love those cats! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lettering on your card and your mini book is very cute, thanks for playing along with us over at AT - Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delightful book. Hope we get to see the pages when you do them as this will be really lovely for us all to see all the images.
    Thankyou so much for entering.
    Hugs Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design