Rolling Pin

Hello Friends and Followers from a wet NE UK Coast. Looks like we will get wet again today as we have to go into town. Yesterday we decided to stretch our legs and have a walk along the seafront. Bad idea as the heavens opened and we came back looking like drowned rats. I hope the sun is shining where you are and thank you for calling in today.

I made this project for 2 challenges--both equally inspiring blogs.

At Rhedd's Creative Spirit the theme is always to alter something and usually anything you like as it is this time. Then at Our Creative Corner they have the theme 'Flaming June' and want to see lots of orange on your projects.




I decorated this sixteen inch wooden rolling pin that I bought for just £1 at the car boot sale. It was new but I still have my mum's old rolling pin if I need one for baking.


First of all I painted the ends in orange emulsion paint then added crackle varnish to give them a better finish

Next came a piece of paper for the middle. This is a piece from the Debbi Moore, Shabby Chic, Paris Bookazine. I added lace and ribbon at the edges of the paper them made flowers from the same ribbon and lace. Also the leaves are made of ribbon.

I am thinking of screwing in some pot hooks to hang things on when I find a space to hang the rolling pin :(

Have a wonderful day

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. What a pretty alteration this is Chrissie! Will look mighty good in your kitchen with these bright happy colours! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely altered rolling pin! Such a great idea and so very well carried out! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty rolling pin ! You are so creative. I just gave away a rolling pin to charity to make space in my drawer. Take good care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Chrissie, I hope you have it hanging up somewhere in your home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautifully altered rolling pin - a brilliant idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous alteration, it looks soooo pretty now! Have a great afternoon, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just a fantastic alteration dear Chrissie..simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great alteration Chrissie.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a wonderful alteration and a great idea to add the hooks.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever alteration Chrissie! I asked for orange and you certainly delivered with those beautiful painted, crackled ends. Love your ribbon roses and leaves. You really must get some hooks for your rolling pin. Nothing is better than a beautiful, useful object!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea...and so pretty, Chrissie.

    Hugs,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fabulous idea and it looks so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a cool bit of altering, Chrissie - love the rolling pin (what a bargain) and that delicious crackle finish... Lovely fresh flowery look to the whole thing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great look for a rolling pin Chrissie! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never in a million years would I ever have considered altering a rolling pin! And it looks brilliant! Hmmm... I do believe I spotted one in the charity shop as I walked past earlier. :-)
    Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design