A card inspired by TH

Hi All. Thank you for dropping in to Jumbled Crafts today.

 Here I am bleary eyed after staying up to watch England get beaten in their first World Cup football match. Not sure it was worth the effort on my part as I thought they made a mess of it to be honest--I don't know too much about football so maybe I am being unkind to them.

At A Vintage Journey this time the theme is Wings and Things. All of the challenges there are to be strongly Tim Holtz  influenced and I am sure that can't be difficult as he seems to influence so many of the crafty things I see on blogs and also has lots of great videos to watch :) I often feel sorry for him when he is demonstrating as there is so much noise around and people wanting to ask questions.


I made this card and embossed the background in the TH clock folder and highlighted the embossing with a Distressed Ink or two.

The next part was to watch a video, again, about how to make a background with Distressed Inks, spritzer and use of the heat gun. Heck I have watched it so many times I have the link on my desktop but if I don't watch it I miss something out--old age I guess.
 Then I splodged the summery, Distressed Inks onto some thin card and cut out the small flower shape, of the Tattered Flowers die, lots of times and used them as they were instead of creating different flowers with them. The bird cage is raised so I could let the bird look as though it could go in and out as it wished.

TH things I used--oops, forgot to add the embossing folder to the collection for this photograph. Not sure who made the bird die cut I was sent it by someone but the butterfly shape is by Tando.

I would like to enter this at That's Crafty as well where they have the theme birds.

Have a lovely day everyone

Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. Another fab make Chrissie, love your mottled background xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Chrissie! Thanks for sharing it with us at That's Crafty!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous Chrissie, love the inky backgrounds and super colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Chrissie, love the composition and colours. Please don't feel sorry for TH - he jets around he world, gets all his crafting stuff from Ranger for free and earns a fortune as well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie - Your card is so lovely. I like the way you have used so may layers and the coloring is so soft. Love that birdcage - one of my most used dies. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's delicious, Chrissie - I love the smoky colours on central panel - so pretty, and the clocks in the background are great. My favourite thing is that you've allowed the bird to fly free should he choose! Lovely creation - thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Chrissie, beautiful colours and textures. I watched the football too - that was 2 hours of my life that I will never get back lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Chrissie ! Love the background and the beautiful cage ! I don't want to rub it in but I'm quite pleased with the french result !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great one Chrissie. Loving that distressed background and the flowers are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us again at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie, very pretty design, love the flowers ! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design