Recycle and All about Him

Hello Everyone another post from me as I am trying to get things sorted for the next few days as I may not be around much.

At the Craft room Challenge this time they are asking us to recycle something


This is what I made to store some of my coloured card as I always seem to use the white or cream and forget I have lots of coloured card as well. This holds a lot of it and has freed up space for other stuff.

Started out with this and tucked in the flaps and lined the inside with card. Then covered the outside with very thick paste

Then I tore bits of this Tesco's free magazine and decoupaged the box,  added fancy corners of paper which had been punched and some doilies to the top edge. Tickets with the words I have had ages and the roses image was from a seed catalogue. The stamps were more of the ones on a parcel from Valerie--no more of those left now. When it was all dry I varnished it with yacht varnish to give it a vintage look. I am so pleased to have made this as I sure it will be very useful.

********************************************

Now to A Vintage Journey where the theme is 'All About Him'. I was so pleased to see this theme as I had to make Vic a birthday card for Monday.

Here is what I made using one of Vic's own photographs that he took at Grosmont when we went to see the steam trains there. I made layers of card, and a background paper I made in Paint Shop Pro. All of these were distressed with Rangers Aged Mahogany Distressed Ink.


The background is Rangers Distressed Ink in Broken China and Aged Mahogany. The stamp is one from Chocolate Baroque but the clock looks TH style I think

I added a sentiment and a Tando Heart and I am hoping my hubby will love it.

Have a nice day all

Love Chrissie x


Comments

  1. Both these are fabulous! I really like the card and the recycled storage is brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, that photo of the steam train is magical. Your recycled box will hold paper for a long time to come we all have a stash of coloured card we tend not to use :-) XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both projects are lovely - I see I need to send you more pretty stamps! I am sure Vic will love his card, too! God way to store your card. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fab storage.. great collaging and recycling and the card is wonderful done as well Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously altered box Chrissie, just perfect to stash your papers and your vintage card is really pretty, your Vic is going to love it! Happy birthday to him, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great male card Chrissie. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more fabulous pieces. love the card storage box and the card you made looks awesome.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only is your box very useful it looks great too -I love the collage of images - thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no doubt that hubby will love this card - a steam train and all. :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card Chrissie. LOVE the train very eerie and mysterious with all the steam there. Great make! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've done with your storage box. I like recycling too and have several projects in progress. I never seem to finish my storage creations...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great recycled collage - fruity and fresh with all that lovely colour.

    And then what a contrast with your marvellous, moody vintage card. Love the subtle colour palette, and patterned backgrounds, and Vic's photograph is fabulous - so evocative of another era. I'm sure he'll love the card, and thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous recycled storage, fab train image

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vic's card is totally gorgeous Chrissie ! And I love the box you've made for your cardstock ! You are so clever ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful transformation! Thanks for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous train photo, and the card you have made compliments it perfectly. I love the heart and the sweet sentiment.

    I love to see household packaging recycled and re-used and your card holder is great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your recycled box Chrissie and such wonderful storage...we crafters all need plenty of that. x Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight

    crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back with my AVJ hat on Chrissie. Great card for Vic and I love the wonderful background and colours. I am sure he will treasure it. Thank You for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey this fortnight

    Crafty Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great storage and wonderful card
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the card you've made for Vic Chrissie, and your storage box is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design