A Vintage Journey and Happy Mail

Hi All. Hope you have a very happy and peaceful Easter. We are going for a brisk walk as it is still very cold and windy even with the sun shining. Grand Prix to watch and also the snooker so I am a happy bunny :)

At A Vintage Journey they ask us to make Spring Flowers using techniques by Tim Holtz. They do say they don't have to be actual Spring Flowers so long as you use Spring colours.

 This is the tag that I made. The background is in Distressed Ink-picked raspberry and peacock feathers. I misted it with water then dried it. Used bubble wrap to stamp on the left and the Tim Holtz tape stencil on the right. The Inks and the stencil I bought from the Craft Barn as I won a voucher to spend with them.

Not sure who made the little post card as I was given some of these by a friend. I used the pointer from the  TH Expedition set to point to the Mother's Day Flowers.

The flowers I made using the TH Tattered Flowers Die cut. which I use quite often as I love the different flowers you can make with it. They were cut from a strong paper napkin that I had sprayed with Ranger Dylusion Inks in various colours. Then I cut them out, scrunched them up and soaked them in water to add texture to the petals.

Now to my Happy Mail which was from dear Alison (butterfly)
A while ago I said how much I loved the beautiful heart on her blog that she had made for a project. Well I now have it in real life as she sent it to me with other goodies as well--thank you so much Alison.

This is what I received and I can already see that they would all go together to make something special--well I hope it will be special.

Have a wonderful day all

Love Chrissie x



Comments

  1. Oh wow.. your tag is AMAZING dear Chrissie! Wonderful mail from the charming talented Alison!
    I am happy with you!
    Happy Easter dear Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great tag.. i love your flowers. I didnt have the patience to sit and do them properly this time round (but i wish I had now) and its great to see an entry thats bothered to follow the rules and guidelines and actually made a tim holtz inspired item.. Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is gorgeous Chrissie ! Love the tape measure stencil and the flowers are so beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Chrissie, love the colours you used, the flowers are beautiful.
    Happy Easter.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is gorgeous, Chrissie, and your mail from Alison is stunning.

    Happy Easter to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, Chrissie, love the colours, too. Great happy Mail from Alison, too, enjoy! Have a nice Easter. hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag, the colours are gorgeous and I absolutely love the flowers! Happy Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, love the colours you've chosen and wow what lovely happy mail you've received, can't wait to see what you do with all your goodies.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter to you Chrissie! Your tag is really lovely with those pretty colours and adornments! And enjoy your fabulous new goodies! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Chrissie, I absolutely LOVE your tag!! The background looks brilliant and those flowers look totally fabulous! Such a great idea to make them out of a paper napkin!! Lovely goodies fro Alison too, that heart is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous tag with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Chrissie, I love the colours. I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colours on the tag - the bold contrast works beautifully, and I love that finger pointing out the bouquet!! Fabulous tissue flowers too - wow! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx
    (And delighted you're pleased with your little haul, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous tag Chrissie, I love the colours and the napkin roses are wonderful, such depths of colour in them xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag Chrissie - fabulous colours and your napkin roses are amazing! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our spring flowers challenge. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous tag Chrissie and I love the gorgeous background you have created. The stencilling and bubble wrap add even more interest. The postcard is so sweet and your flowers are wonderful

    Thank You so much for joining in with us on A Vintage Journey this fortnight
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design