Photographs from yesterday

Hello Everyone. Looks like being a very cold and windy day here so I intend to do lots of things at home that I keep putting off. One is make some Christmas cards as we have already received quite a few. Hope you stay safe and warm and enjoy your day.

Vic took 119 photographs yesterday but I have chosen just a few to show everyone. I did concentrate on the home made decorations as much as possible.

If you didn't visit Jumbled Crafts yesterday you won't have a clue what I am talking about. We went to
 Burton Agnes Hall to see how it has been decorated for Christmas. The link will tell you all about the Hall and it present generation that live there.

The family and helpers try to make lots of the decorations themselves and have all different ones each year.

The entrance

The entrance hall

The Chinese Room

An easy decoration with ginger bread shapes and teasels. The houses are cut out from card and had candles in between to shine through the windows. The little tree was gingerbread shapes.
  We could make all of those couldn't we?
This is the dining and is used by the family at weekends-they live in a part of the house that isn't open to visitors.


Simple cut out doilies on a wire coat hanger. Oh I just noticed the mistletoe--should have given Vic a kiss but he was too busy taking pics and I was halfway up the stairs.

This is one of the sitting rooms and I loved these paper snowflakes. They are easy to make and one of the ladies who look after the visitors showed us how to make them. All the branches everywhere that are used are ones that have been pruned from the estate trees and are kept in storage to use every year--some are very old.


Simple folded star shapes that Simon--the present generation-- made. He photocopied some of his music for the paper and made the stars. When he was 21--about 13 years ago--he asked for money for his present and built a wonderful woodland walk for everyone. It is now getting well established and in February and March is full of snowdrops.

This is the Queens Room I assume it it King's James Queen that slept here as there is a King James bedroom as well. Sorry I didn't read the notice and it is too blurred on the photograph.


The Great Hall was a picture with the purple and red paper baubles and the sunshine streaming in


This arrangement was at one end of the library and done by children from the little village school



The Grand Piano and a home made wreath in the archway.

Popcorn ornaments and butterflies that would be easy to make with card and glitter and peacock feathers.

Hope you enjoyed our day out--we went back into town for Aberdeen Angus steaks which were so big we brought half home with us--never asked for a doggie bag before :) Looks like we might have to make something with the steak as we don't have a dog lol. Usually we don't eat much meat either.

Have a good day today

Love Chrissie x

Comments

  1. Well, this all looks totally gorgeous. What a wonderful place, and lots of inspiring ideas. I don't have quite so much space at my place, but I will do my best. Glad you had such a great day out, and I love the sound of the steaks - and the doggy bag! Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos. Enjoy your meal today! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing decorations Chrissie.. from the outside this residence reminds me a bit on Hampton Court which I visited 25 years ago... oh wow time flies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, they really go to town, don't they? The hanging snowflakes in the middle of the drawing room are wonderful, and I love the next photo too, of just the simple white stars amongst the twigs. Thanks for sharing these amazing photos, Chrissie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your pics Chrissie ! You must have had a fantastic time ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am flabbergasted by your beautiful photos Chrissie! Wow, how amazing it must be to be walking around in a place like that AND being allowed to photograph it! For that is usually forbidden in my country, alas... Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what fantastic photos there Chrissie

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your photos, I can just imagine how you must have felt seeing those beautifully decorated rooms.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the many reasons England is so fascinating, Chrisse. Wow! To have lived in the same estate for 400 years is fascinating, and to know that the portraits are your ancestors must be amazing. Your photos are beautiful, and I appreciate a glimpse into that lovely home. Thank you for sharing these. I can understand why your husband took so many photos. I would have just said, "Aw the heck with it, I'll just move in"...COL...

    Blessings of friendship,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Chrissie what a wonderful place to visit. I do feel sorry for Vic though missing out on a Kiss...but needs must as we all love to see his photo's . Also read you informative comments. What a team you make. Thanks for sharing your visit means I get to see some wonderful places close up hugs Max xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design