Out of a Hat Challenge 72

Hello to everyone who drops by Jumbled Crafts today. I hope you enjoy what you find here and will say hello if you have time.

This time at Out of a Hat the theme is Things beginning with B.


Well I indulged my passion for beach huts and made this one from a bird house that I bought for £1 at our local store in town-it isn't a Poundland store but everything they sell is £1.



original bird box.

First thing to do was removed the perch and then it was painted red and left to dry. To make the stripes I used sticky tape. The door is made from card and coloured to match.- and the ring was on a wind chime from the Life Boat shop. I know the fencing looks a bit O.T.T but I have had these die cuts for ages as I got them in a swap. The decoration on the roof edge I made with some fancy scissors. Now for the difficult bit--the STEPS! I found them a nightmare to make the ones in the picture were about my sixth attempt. How difficult can it be to stick together four small pieces of card at the right angles?--answer VERY!

Hope you will visit Sandra-Sam and Janet to see what they have made for the challenge

I am also going to show this at Altered Eclectics where they have the monthly theme of anything goes.

See you again I hope-enjoy your day.

Love Chrissie xx


Comments

  1. Lovely idea, it's turned out very well. I wish I was sitting in a nice beach hut just now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! I so love your beach hut Chrissie ! What a fantastic creation ! You rock Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so beautiful, I just love it. Bringing the seaside to your backgarden - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, it looks so summery.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bird house to beach hut transformation Chrissie, loving those stripes!!

    Sam xx

    PS Sorry I've been a bit AWOL from commenting, had a few internet issues, but I've been round and commented last week and this week now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful idea. A fabulous altered bird box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific makeover Chrissie! So many birds will want to live here forever!! I know where I'd go, if I were a bird ;-) Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chrissie - your make is absolutely adorable. Put a smile on my face.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great little beach hut, Chrissie. Fab idea converting the birdhouse. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant idea to turn a bird house into a beach hut - I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is wonderful Chrissie - looks great with your beautiful flowers too. Love the colours and the fencing... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh !!! Chrissie I love your beach hut,
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever idea Chrissie and it turned out wonderfully = love it!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Bird house to Beach hut must be for a visiting seagull tehe great work Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant altered piece, Chrissy - I love the candy striper colours - remind me of lovely sticks of minty seaside rock! And the little houses around the bottom are a brilliant touch...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh - and now I've gone and given you a 'y' instead of an 'ie' - I do apologise. It's the stress of having only an hour to get my visiting done before the cafe closes!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic makeover Chrissie I to love beach huts so this is just a great colour. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an ingenious idea Chrissie! A beach hut of course! And how vibrant it is too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design