Make your Mark

Hello Everyone. Hope the sun is shining where you are and that you are ready for a beautiful weekend.

At Addicted to Stamps and More this week they have the Make your Mark Challenge and after reading the post I thought I would try something other than just stamping an image and colouring it in.





I used my Promarkers to design a background on the whole card

Then I made a topper for it by using marker pens as inks on part of a Chocolate Baroque stamp. The leaves were a freebie stamp from a magazine ages ago. I then used the background markers on the Choc Baroque rose stamp and stamped that straight onto a Nestability round, scalloped shape. Same pens to go around the edge and to make the little flower for the sentiment.

I so enjoyed making this though I shouldn't have used the Promarkers as 'inks' cause they have left some colour on the stamp.

Message to self read posts more carefully--it say used water based pens to do this technique.

Thanks for dropping by

Chrissie x



Comments

  1. Very pretty card. Love how you did the background! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chrissie. Great background. Staz-on always stains my stamps. With my other hat on...Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge this week.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh this is gorgeous! The background is awesome and the stamping looks so pretty! I am always having to say 'note to self' too and its always too late! Thank you for all your lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Chrissie ! I love the background and the stamped flowers are all so so lovely ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour combo, love the background

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours Chrissie and the flower stamps are so pretty. I'm surprised the promarkers stayed wet long enough to stamp them. I guess you've now got pretty coloured stamps too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a great background. love your card.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool idea to make your own background like this Chrissie! The beautiful flowers go perfectly with it! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job creating the plaid background for your card using markers ... very original! Great layout and design for your card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the stamping looks beautiful (and I'm sure the stamps will survive having a bit of ProMarker on them!)... and the background is fab... so simple yet so effective.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh great way to use those markers Chrissie!! Terrific background especially. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie. Lovely card with a great background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, I love that Promarker background, Chrissie. I will have to give that a go! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design