In the Garden-Anything but a Card

Hi Everyone and a warm welcome to my blog. Hello to Tracy and Wendy who are my latest followers-thank you for joining.

Today is icy cold and very windy so I am staying in and doing some crafting and telly watching.Not good for my weight at all so I hope it gets warmer soon.

At Craft-Room Challenges this time we are asked to make an 'In The Garden' project but not a card. I made a postcard to start with then wondered if that wouldn't be acceptable so I decided to use it for the front of a journal as it will be nice to do some 'garden pages' with photographs of our plants-if it is ever warm enough to go into the garden this year.:(

I gave the book a rustic feel with 2 coats of matt emulsion in different colours and used some of the stamp set I used on the postcard.

The stamp are all from sets by Joanna Sheen 'Back to Nature set' and 'Garden Flowers set'. I masked the middle image then embossed the leaves that I stamped at either side. Coloured everything with Promarkers and that's it-except for a bit of ribbon that I threaded through the clasp.

Hope you day is going well

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. This is beautiful Chrissie.Gorgeous stamps, too. Same weather here, we have an icy east wind blowing, and I will be staying home too! Have fun crafting, we can go out walkies again when the weather is kinder! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Chrissie ! I love the stamp you have used and the watercolour effect... I will be doing the same as you as we have a lot of snow - again - here ! Thank you for your email, I am following your blog now ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card makes a great journal cover. Love the images and the gorgeous texture with embossing. Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project, the card is looking great as a cover.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flowers galore Chrissie, a sweet creation this is! We, too, are still in too low temperatures, we've had snow again today... And it's soooooooo cold... Anyway, I'd love to warm myself to your fine creations! Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely flowers... a hopeful reminder of spring, though it seems we'll have to wait a little longer! Love the shabby chic painty background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Chrissie, this is so wonderful, love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Chrissie though I don't know if we'll ever see our gardens again lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Chrissie, I love your flowers. Definitely a little reminder that spring may (or may not?) be round the corner. I'm not sure if I'll get in the garden at this rate either - I woke up to a white garden again this mornng! Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at the Craft-Room.

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Chrissie, it's nice to imagine the flowers appearing in the garden! Can't believe how cold it's been this week, going to be a big heating bill! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, this is just great, love the texture, and the colours, lovely colouring of the flowers too, perfect for our challenge, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie, your idea for a garden/plant journal is fab! The cover is perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect cover Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful garden design Chrissie, love the embossing! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely cover for a garden journal Chrissie. Thank you for joining us at the Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design