Flowers and Recycle It

Hello Everyone--it is still very cold here today and there is snow about still so I have been enjoying a crafty day

I thought I had left it too late to enter the Tando creative Challenge but there are still a few days left so do join in as the subject is Flowers so lots of choices for that.

I knew I had time to do the challenge at Try it on Tuesday as that has only just started--hope you go there and see the wonderful things that the DesignTeam have made--so inspiring for sure.


This is what I have made to combine the 2 challenges.

So what is it I hear you ask???


I asked Vic for a pair of his old jeans--he has loads that he says are for gardening. Well he sure doesn't need that many pairs so I chose the worst pair to recycle. The flash went off so the jeans look a lot paler in this picture than they really are.

I had a loose leaf folder that was getting shabby--sorry I forgot to take a photo of it I was too excited about covering it. I cut off part of one of the jean's legs and covered the book by slitting the piece of leg up the middle back when folded I stuck all the excess to the inside of the book and covered the insides of the book with some papers from a craft magazine. I made the flowers from the inside of the back pockets as the denim was like new inside the pockets. The flowers were Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die cuts and I also ran them through an embossing folder to make them patterned. Next they were coloured with Promarkers and I added a brad to the centre. The leaves were a Joanna Sheen stamp.

So you can stick denim, die cut denim, dry emboss denim, colour denim. stamp on denim and I am sure there are loads more things you can do with it. I still have another full leg, a half a leg and a body to go--thinking cap on.


It now has the loose leaf pages back inside and some of the cards that I have made and not used.

Thanks for joining me.

Love Chrissie xxx





Comments

  1. Love your beautiful flowers and the folder looks wonderful after the makeover. I am thinking about what to make from my old jeans just now, but I will have t wait till I stop wearing them! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous recycling Chrissie, I love the flowers and the stamped leaves look great (even when I zoomed in, the leaves look like they've been stitched). Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fantastic idea Chrissie and your cover looks great. love those flowers.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, an amazing alteration to an old pair of jeans. Its a great idea and the result looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant bit of recycling Chrissie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so very creative using the Jeans for the cover. The flowers are beautiful ! Great work! Happy Easter, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb, Chrissie! I adore it! What a wonderful idea, and it's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. The seam down the center adds a lot to the design. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful, this looks wonderful. thank you so much for hsraing with us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to cut up old jeans and turn them into bags, even had a map like yours,
    but never this pretty with those scrummy flowers! Lovely creation Chrissie!
    Hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Where are my husbands old jeans - I need them now! i didn't realise how versatile denim was - thank you for the tip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! Just wonderful! Love the texture the denim gives - great recycling of both the jeans and the folder!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea Chrissy, that turned out brilliant! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the challenge! Love the jeans. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great project - great storage too - Thank you for sharing at Tando Creative this month

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design