Vintage Male Card

Not sure that the man I have in mind for this creation would take too kindly to being called vintage even if he is older than me and I am vintage. He may well say that his bike is a lot newer than the one in on the card as well.

I have made this for two of my favourite challenge blogs Craft-Room Challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More

At the Craft-room the theme this time is 'Something for a Man' and the ATSAM  have the Vintage theme this week. I thought I would get in early there this week as I have been making things for the challenges there and forgetting to post them--thanks to Florence I did scrape in last week with my entry.

Always wonderful inspiration from the DTs at both blogs and they are all very friendly which is nice.


I chose a piece of A4 card and printed the quote onto it then folded it in half, Next I distressed around the edge. Then I searched for an old map that I had bought a while ago to use for crafting. It is paper stuck onto canvas and tears really well to give a vintage feel. The wooden bike emblie is from Crafty Emblies where there are wonders to be had for every subject.

I made the bunting from the map and punched some flowers and coloured them with Promarkers to match the water on the map. Added Happy Birthday and a couple more crafty emblies and that's it finished.

Thanks for coming to visit.

Love Chrissie xx



Comments

  1. Fabu.ous card, love the wooden embellishment set against the map. Lovely Vintwge feel to this piece and I love your bunting. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece, love the wooden penny-farthing from crafty emblies, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning masculine creation, thanks so much for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the random draw. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic vintage bike embellishment. Its a great card for a bloke
    Yvonne x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie! Just beautifully vintage. I love that old map that you have kept around for things like this! Great stamps and the banner is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, I just love this card, love the map pennant especially, thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vintage feel ...the torn edges of the map I love! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room "something for a man" challenge this fortnight. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sequels of delight this is fabulous if he does not love it then he well must have used up all his taste choosing you! I just love this card thank you for all your kind words about the challenge and team they are a fantastic bunch. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie this is wonderful! I love your take on our theme and the bunting is fab as is the bike:) Thanks for playing along again at ATSM
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie. What a wonderful card. Love the Penny-farthing. You know me, I would have to ask for that embellishment back!! he he! With my other hat on. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M vintage challenge this week.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous - the old bike is so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. That penny farthing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card and I just love that old fashioned bike. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your vintage male card, it's beautiful as well, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific vintage card Chrissie. Love that map paper and the terrific "old" bike. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super vintage and male card, I love your bunting and the map. Thanks for sharing with us at ATS&M. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful card for a man, I love the bicycle. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design