Colour Techniques

Hello Again--second post from me today.

At Artful Times this time the theme is to make anything you like using colour techniques. I jumped straight in and did my own thing for the first one though I am sure I have seen the technique somewhere along the way.

For this tag I used distressed inks for the background then damped the whole tag before dropping on some alcohol ink. I let this spread out and dry then had a look to see what shapes had been left behind. It looked like a spray of flowers so I edged the blobs with white pen and then drew some leaves and stalks.

I think this is called a butterfly effect. Firstly fold a piece of paper or card in half and blobs of whatever you like on one side. I used food colouring on this one as I had been clearing out a kitchen cupboard and wondered why I had ever bought them--never used them for the proper use at all. Next fold the other side onto the blobs and pat down the paper--I used a brayer to make sure all the colour had spread out on both sides. Then just do your own things to make a page like no other. I stamped, stencils, coloured, sprayed and really enjoyed doing it.

Thank you for popping in.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. These are Gorgeous, Love the Intensity of colour and your Layout/designs. Thanks for the food colouring thought - Fab Idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, great idea with the food colouring. I have some in my pantry too, they are probably antiques by now! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous! I am loving the techniques! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chrissie, I think you might've started a new trend with your butterfly print. Don't think I've done that since school but it's such a fun technique. Love your heads too and your little inchie. Hope you had a nice lie down! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great projects Chrissie love how you made the flowers :)
    Thank you for joining us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, I am in awe of how great these look. You have a great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those pages. Such bright vibrant colours. What a good idea - I had completely forgotten about this.
    The tag, what a fab result you got. Pure inspiration to turn the blobs into those flowers.
    Thanks for joining us with this challenge at Artful Times
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages Chrissie so vibrant and fun great techniques used. Love that tag as well so pretty. HugsSandra X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea, I haven't come across this technique before but it makes a wonderful vibrant project. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag and page, I do this with the children when they paint to make butterflies, must try it myself now I have seen what you have created.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design

Collage and Journal Page

Journal Page and Altered Box